fave okc casual steakhouse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cattlemans is alright, Cimarron is easier to get in and out of.

I'll also say the best steak I've had in a long time was at Longhorn, and I really don't care for those chain steak places. But it was GOOD.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not OKC, but a co-worker raves about Kens Steaks & Ribs in Amber (about 30 miles S-SW) Anyone one tried it?

I've been to Cattleman's once for a work function. Not impressed at all. Maybe it was due to the large party, but the steak was horrible.

Yes, I have been to Kens. It is really good and they always bring you a complimentary rib to try. Thanks for reminding me. I will go there next weekend. I think it is only open Thursday-Saturday after 4p.m.

F

fredkrueger

Yes, I have been to Kens. It is really good and they always bring you a complimentary rib to try. Thanks for reminding me. I will go there next weekend. I think it is only open Thursday-Saturday after 4p.m.
I have ate here as well. I heard much hype about this place. So finally my family and I drove there from Shawnee to check it out. I was disappointed. It was not as good as I had heard. The saltgrass blows it away in my books. But everyone has there different likes.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Texas Roadhouse or Cattleman's. Both are pretty decent. I like the peanuts at the TR. I dont eat them damn "lamb fries" though at Cattleman's; that's just nasty.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
druryj said:
Texas Roadhouse or Cattleman's. Both are pretty decent. I like the peanuts at the TR. I dont eat them damn "lamb fries" though at Cattleman's; that's just nasty.

I agree TR, I don't eat steak, so I have the smothered chicken and its amazing!! The wife says the streak is really good tho.

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my absolute favorite restaurant. Another great place for steak is Toby Keith's. They have one of the best sirloins that I have ever ate. The saltgrass sirloin is great as well, but there filet is the best I have ever put in my mouth.

If you like Saltgrass and Toby Keith's, you REALLY have to try Hollie's. It's owned by the same company that owns Toby Keith's, except they use better cuts. And it's about the same prices as Saltgrass.

That being said, I've eaten at Toby keith's once, and it sucked.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ken's is one of my favorite places to go. If you leave hungry it's your fault. Everyone gets a rib, and you can have extra with your steak for a buck or so a piece. No rib eyes or fancy cuts like strips. Sirloin is what they have; 8oz or 12oz. They have a half a chicken, prime rib, brisket and ribs. No menu. It's not all that pricey, and it's pretty good for what it cost. Open Thursday thru Saturday, 4-9. Pretty much have to wiat in line if you get there at the dinner hour on the weekend.

It's worth the drive.

I like this place, but then again, I don't eat at chain restaurants. Never is a pretty big word, so, hardly ever is probably closer to accurate. Just a thing with me. Don't know where it started or why.

If you haven't been, Ken's is worth checking out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom