fave okc casual steakhouse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shoguns for me. Last time I ate at Cimarron, I had a cockroach walk across my plate. I don't freak out over that kind of stuff, but the fact that the wait staff thought nothing of it made me think it's a pretty common thing there.

wow! Thats crazy! Iv never actually heard of that happening to anyone!

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cattlemen's is where I got the worst steak I've ever bought in a restaurant. I'm a big time steak snob so I was pretty irritated with their so-called "Presidential " steak...the filet side of the T-bone was edible but not very tasty and the strip steak side was barely chewable and just as flavorless. The 'amazing ' salad dressing was too bland for me. Neither of us eating that evening could finish even half our dinner. I can attest that the flies seemed to love the stuff because they were everywhere. We will NEVER go back.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I recommend the Outlaw Ribeye at Longhorn Steakhouse.

I haven't eaten at Outback for about 15 years because I don't like flat grill steaks. We decided to go there a couple of weeks ago and try the "wood fire grill" steaks.

I got the 16oz Prime Rib, finished on the wood fire grill, it came out a perfect medium rare, and was a very good cut of meat.

I was pleasantly surprised!

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only been to OKC twice, both times to see a movie at the Museum of Art. The first time I got there, I had some time to kill so I asked about a good restaurant nearby. I was directed to Steak and Catfish, a small restaurant a short walk away. I don't remember what I had there (probably a burger as I was cash poor) but I remember it was good and the service was excellent. The second time I wen to the MoA, I went back there and it was as good as, if not better than the first time. I really can't speak for their steaks (as I never seem to have the money to try one) but if they're as good as their other dishes, they'll be excellent! Steak and Catfish is at 305 North Walker, in the Arts District.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shoguns for me. Last time I ate at Cimarron, I had a cockroach walk across my plate. I don't freak out over that kind of stuff, but the fact that the wait staff thought nothing of it made me think it's a pretty common thing there.

:yikes2::yikes2: Well, here then ... let me do it for you!!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes2::yikes2::yikes2: Jesus ... I'd have thrown a wall-eyed fit!!!!!!!!! And I'm not known for making scenes. I get irritated at GC if he talks sternly to the wait staff. Complaints are to be made to management, quietly in the corner, not drawing every diners' attention to YOUR table. However, I'd have damned sure made an exception to the "quietly, calmly" rule if that had happened to me! :yikes2::yikes2::yikes2:

I recommend the Outlaw Ribeye at Longhorn Steakhouse.

Yep, back when I was still eating beef this was the best steak I could get as GC doesn't "do" high-end restaurants ... :cry11:

Cattlemen's is where I got the worst steak I've ever bought in a restaurant. I'm a big time steak snob so I was pretty irritated with their so-called "Presidential " steak...the filet side of the T-bone was edible but not very tasty and the strip steak side was barely chewable and just as flavorless. The 'amazing ' salad dressing was too bland for me. Neither of us eating that evening could finish even half our dinner. I can attest that the flies seemed to love the stuff because they were everywhere. We will NEVER go back.

That pretty much covers my couple or three experiences at Cattlemen's. I wouldn't have gone back after the first time but seems I liked to pick guys to date who liked to eat at Cattlemen's. Go figure ... :flybuzz: That's probably why I fell for GC -- he doesn't care for Cattlemen's either! LOL

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree...for a "going out" steak I've always been happy with Longhorns. If prime rib is your poison I highly recommend Trappers. The prime rib is soooo good and the only restaurant I've been to that actually has good mashed potatoes. Fried clam appetizer is salty but really good also. They do a combo with prime rib and these shrimp brochette that is my overall fave....yums. Going back next week for my Birthday dinner YAY!! (Yay for the dinner not for the birthday :cry11: )

TripleD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not OKC, but a co-worker raves about Kens Steaks & Ribs in Amber (about 30 miles S-SW) Anyone one tried it?

I've been to Cattleman's once for a work function. Not impressed at all. Maybe it was due to the large party, but the steak was horrible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom