Federal Police????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This evening while driving home from a dance, I was passed on the I-44/Rogers Lane bypass by a police car with markings on the doors, deck lid and so forth, and a light bar on the roof. It wasn't a Lawton Police car, but I couldn't make out the logo on the doors either (it was quite dark on the bypass). I'm quite used to seeing the various Tribal police cars around town and figured this to be one of those. As it passed, though, I looked at the logo printed on the deck lid. In electric blue letters, it said "Federal Police". WTF?? I didn't know there was a "Federal Police", but I most certainly saw one of its well-marked squad cars tonight. Anybody know what I just saw?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tribal police. They call themselves federal.

I think there is a difference? One of our local tribes had problems within their tribal police department. I won't go into details, but the feds stepped in, disbanded the local department and took over enforcement.

How all that works, I'm not sure.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm familiar with a couple of different Tribal police departments in the Lawton area, but I haven't yet seen one marked as this one was marked. As said, though, I did not see the insignia on the door, only the markings on the deck lid, so it could be a Tribal cop car.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Federal protective services. They are the cops at federal buildings in the U.S.
Dont see them driving around much outside the metro.

Nothing screams poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your duct tape

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not sure which tribe it is, but I routinely see a couple vehicles that have very similar design in color in the design/logo on vehicles. They say Federal Police on the vehicles but also in other areas say Tribal.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not sure which tribe it is, but I routinely see a couple vehicles that have very similar design in color in the design/logo on vehicles. They say Federal Police on the vehicles but also in other areas say Tribal.

BIA Police are different and seperate from regular tribal police and their logos and insignia reflect that.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Screenshot_2015-12-02-00-18-38-1.jpg
Here is one I see frequently in western OK. Probably what you have seen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom