Female Hunter creates outrage with trophy photos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They can't bring the meat home. It would have to stay in quarantine too long. Local villagers reduce the animals to bones, saving the meat on site, and even use the bones for crafts/tools, etc. I posted a video of them doing an elephant in the other thread about the lion.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not attractive, IMNSHO. Way too much makeup to make her look like a magazine girl... without it, she almost looks mannish. No bashing, just don't think she's a beauty queen because she's got big fake knockers. ;) Nothing against big fake knockers, either, though! lol

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Why a Giraffe? Come on, you guys surely don't condone a gentle animal such as a Giraffe? How hard is it to track and stalk a Giraffe?

It is sick to do so.

You know that every fish ever caught and kept, unless killed by other means.............. suffocated to death. Sick?

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
this makes me wonder all the time the people that go to Africa to hunt some wild animal. Do they keep the meat and eat it or does it go to waste just so they can have a trophy?

Nothing goes to waste. As soon as they heard gunshots, the villagers in the area we hunted started showing up, looking for their share. They are waved off and told to keep their distance until the PH makes sure the animal is dead. They then move in and help with the field dressing of the animal, and get part of their 'share' right there. I watched in awe as they prepared some of the internal organs for consumption. They help load the animal for the trip back to camp. (It ain't easy to load a Cape Buffalo on a truck, even when he's halved.) What meat can be utilized in camp is served up for everyone there. The rest is taken to villages in the area. An interesting note ... the trunk of an elephant is considered a delicacy. It is hand delivered by the safari company to the local chief. Like Dennis said, nothing is wasted. They make use of everything there is. I didn't get to see it, but I was told that once the villagers were turned loose on an elephant, it would be reduced to nothing but bones in about thirty minutes. They all carry knives and hatchets, and you want to stay out of the way. Most of them carry scars of wounds they suffered when they got too close to another villager's knife or hatchet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom