"Firearms are like potato chips" - really?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okla1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a survival of the fittest model. If I find something I like I'll snag it. Assuming that guns role has been filled in my collection, I'll do a side by side shoot/comparison. The loser gets sold.

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If EZBake is correct, then I'm somewhere between phases two and three. The bad part is that the cheap crap that I'm thinking of parting with to buy nice quality stuff is mostly stuff that belonged to a deceased uncle. I just can't bring myself to part with them.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
guns are addicting but tend to have a specialized use for me. i hunt,plink and collect. my collection has settled in to about 15 hanguns and 30 long guns. i have not added any for awhile now.

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I liked the line that said guns are both tools and toys. For me the tools stay and don't get sold, the toys can find new homes from time to time. I'm not a bunker type of prepper but if my primary weapon/s is a "" then having a second "" for a backup makes sense maybe even a set of springs and a fresh firing pin. I went through and sold a bunch of guns..then I bought a few and standardized my caliber selection to make ammo investments easier to focus on. Now if I do want to buy a new """ then I just make sure it's within my family of calibers.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I'm in the later phases, definitely past the hoarder stage. Guns has/is a hobby. Have shot alot of different weapons and the ones I really like stay, all the rest go. I do revisit and buy guns from the past that I have sold off, sometimes buying and getting rid of them many times over. Such is the case with a current sp 101 and a gp 100, I've had probably 10 of each over the years and these will be going away to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom