Firearms in Cars at Tech Centers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randall

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As a student at a vo-tech school in an an adult LPN class to start a new career I talk to a lot of young women who are concerned for their safety. They talk about being scared to go to their car after work or going to work. Most of them have never considered arming themselves so I try to help them think about their options;pepper spray,hornet spray,stun guns and handguns.I also warn them about places they may not carry and to weigh the deciscion carefully. Most of them say when they get to working and have the funds they will get their concealed carry permits. Officially the instructors cannot reccomend self defense but rather have to say give them what they want.These are intelligent,level headed young ladies that are not going to be shooting up the place.And think about it,you will be placing your life in their hands when they care for you,they do not need a gun to cause harm if they wanted to.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still find it hard to believe these guys at CareerTech barking up this tree.
For Pete' sake a healthy portion of the CCW permit holders took thier training at the CareerTechs.
And yes they brought thier weapons on campus for the class.
How many of these irresponsible gunowners have had a issue with wanting to go on a shooting rampage during the training? Zero.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still find it hard to believe these guys at CareerTech barking up this tree.
For Pete' sake a healthy portion of the CCW permit holders took thier training at the CareerTechs.
And yes they brought thier weapons on campus for the class.
How many of these irresponsible gunowners have had a issue with wanting to go on a shooting rampage during the training? Zero.

If they really did bring firearms on campus for class, it was most certainly illegal under the original SDA law and unnecessary for the classroom portion of the class since the gun is not needed until the range time (I'm sure you knew that, though). But, I guess anything is possible as I know I had chew out a security guard class student for bringing a firearm on campus. Takes all kinds...

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they really did bring firearms on campus for class, it was most certainly illegal under the original SDA law and unnecessary for the classroom portion of the class since the gun is not needed until the range time (I'm sure you knew that, though). But, I guess anything is possible as I know I had chew out a security guard class student for bringing a firearm on campus. Takes all kinds...

It is perfectly legal to bring firearms on campus for educational purposes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom