First Military Surplus to Start my Collection?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you were in OKC, I'd let you look over a few of my milsurps to see if anything speak to you. If you go the CMP Garand route, join the Garand Collectors Association. It's around $20/year and you get a nice quarterly magazine. I would also try to handle an 03A3 and M39 too. Also, I actually like the feel of my K11 to my K31, though the K31 is the more updated one.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
If you were in OKC, I'd let you look over a few of my milsurps to see if anything speak to you. If you go the CMP Garand route, join the Garand Collectors Association. It's around $20/year and you get a nice quarterly magazine. I would also try to handle an 03A3 and M39 too. Also, I actually like the feel of my K11 to my K31, though the K31 is the more updated one.

M39 is not a bad choice at all. Wish I had my 1911 swiss long rifle back...taller brother to the k11

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you prefer a semi-auto I 100% agree with looking into a CMP Garand as your first purchase. If you are leaning towards a bolt rifle I would recommend either a 1903A3, a Finn M39, or a Lee Enfield No 4 MK II. All three have nice sight set-ups and are fairly easy to find ammo for which can be a problem with the Swede and Swiss rifles if you don't reload.

If I could honestly only own three milsurps they would have to be...

1. M1 Garand
2. 1903 or 1903A3
3. M1 Carbine

Latest posts

Top Bottom