First mow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need to. But retirement keeps me so busy with other things I haven't got around to it yet. Working on the garden right now. Then fencing. Need to service the mower. Like @RickN I have bunnies that I worry about. One of the little buggers got chased out of it's den by the dogs and repurposed the top of my mower deck as his new home.

On top of everything else we're getting some chicks today so I have to get the coop ready. Wife just planted 3 new apple trees and I need to get some fencing around them to keep the goats and deer out. One thing after another, it seems.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mowed twice already. I’ll start the third round next week, but I am strongly considering using Roundup on everything like someone else said above. I’m going to have to figure the cost because I’ve got around 12 acres that are mowed on a regular basis. Just kidding…I can handle sitting on a mower. It’s the weed eating that I despise.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mowed twice already. I’ll start the third round next week, but I am strongly considering using Roundup on everything like someone else said above. I’m going to have to figure the cost because I’ve got around 12 acres that are mowed on a regular basis. Just kidding…I can handle sitting on a mower. It’s the weed eating that I despise.
I don’t mind mowing, but I despise weedeating. Round Up is good for eliminating it. I spray a 6” barrier around everything that would need weedeating, and I generally can get by with spraying twice a mowing season.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t mind mowing, but I despise weedeating. Round Up is good for eliminating it. I spray a 6” barrier around everything that would need weedeating, and I generally can get by with spraying twice a mowing season.
I use quite a bit of roundup in areas, and it definitely decreases the weed eating. I usually wait until it gets a little warmer before applying it. With my rv park, it gets a little tricky when using it because people are constantly putting different things outside in different locations (grills, golf carts, flamingos, solar powered yard lights, etc). The new renters learn pretty quickly that the flamingos and solar lights get decapitated pretty quickly when I break out the weed eater.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Getting ready I changed the oil, air filter and plug in the mower yesterday.....my bermuda lawn could go another week but the neighbor to the south of me has a old mature maple in the front yard and those damn seeds are falling and my front yard is darn near covered with them plus I can hear them rattling around in the gutter so I'll also have to get the ladder out and clean the gutters. :pissed:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what I always used to do when I had2 acres and 2 driveways to the house and 1 to the shop, and lots of trees. Shop drive was gravel and I had to spray it because grass would grow up in it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom