Flashlight advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like my Fenix PD35 and my older PD32. My Surefire E2D LED Defender is probably still my favorite due to its simplicity. I really do think Fenix has the best bang for buck. At $75 my PD35 is amazing!

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're wanting a pocket size the streamlight tac2l is outstanding. Takes cr123 batteries and is durable as hell. I'm still using the original one I bought almost five years ago. Carry it every day and like it so well I've bought two more to have as spares. One is always in my hunting pack the other I've never even opened. If looking for a larger one I have had great luck with my streamlight stinger (rechargeable ) it has served me well for a few years. I also have an led mag light in my truck that's worked great as well.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I probably have about 100 different flashlights laying around, I firmly believe that it is one of those things you can't have to many of. We have everything from cheap solar ones to high end Surefire lights. Best one depends on the task at hand.

I tend to use my Surefire light that mounts on my AR as a handheld because it's light and bright. Have a q beam 1500 lumen spotlight if I need to find animals at night. I picked up a rechargeable Surefire headlamp a couple of months ago and it has gotten the most use lately.

Headlamps are awesome, frees up both hands to work and if your on atv it helps to be able to see if you are looking somewhere other than straight. Downside if you get all kinds of bugs buzzing around your head.

We have a mag lights sitting by both the front and back doors. Good self defense weapon, hurts like hell to get hit by one.

i definitely think it's worth spending more money to get better quality.

ssx2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the LED light bug awhile back, after I realized my Surefire P90 incan drop ins were just bleeding power via heat and the
LED options were much brighter with more run time. So, my rec's:

Surefire: Pricey, but well worth it, beam quality and warranty are excellent.
Streamlight: Dependable with good warranty.
EagleTac: A newish light to the game a few Fed acquaintances like them, extremely bright and prices are very reasonable.
Fenix: All around decent lights, and if you lose one, you don't do the forehead slap haha.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In general my rule is that everything has to take AA and AAA, because that simplifies my stockpiling, but for brighter needs I have a small batch of 18650 batteries and a well recommended charger.

I accept that this means I have to compromise in some areas as not every company makes lights that are compatible with my power sources.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In general my rule is that everything has to take AA and AAA, because that simplifies my stockpiling, but for brighter needs I have a small batch of 18650 batteries and a well recommended charger.

I accept that this means I have to compromise in some areas as not every company makes lights that are compatible with my power sources.

Most of my flashlights use 18650 batteries. I do have a smart charger that will operate on 110 and 12 volt. I also have quite a few things that use the 1032 button batteries.

Scottydog

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned the Warrior Reloaded from Powertac for about 3 years now. I have never owned a "really good" light before this one. I can't say enough good things about it.
It holds a charge for an insanely long time, although I may not use it as much as many on this site. I usually just use the medium setting for my purposes and its still very bright. It is like a mini spot light but it has four settings including strobe, if you need it.
Its currently offered in the Gen II model, with apparent upgrades, for alot less than I paid for the Gen I. I like the fact I can recharge it from home or the car. Its also water resistant. At the show where I bought it, it was in a container of water, shining brightly. They are also offering a warrior model, on close out, for a very reasonable price.
See it here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom