For all of you farmers/ranchers/ DIYers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Inlaws had one of the big commercial companies hired to spray their yard for weeks and fertilize. The back yard was dirt. The tree canopy was so full that zero sunlight got there, but the company rep gladly placed a sign in the yard saying it had been sprayed for weeks and fertilized!
Kinda small signs, but they do make a great target holder at the range for short range .22 and such. A 4X5" note card fits right into the plastic holder with a spike underneath.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am moving to Edmond, within city limits in a HOA. What kind of weeds? Just the standard weeds. I noticed in my Norman home that no matter what I spray on it from Home Depot it doesn't work. I need to get it professionally sprayed. Issue is in the Edmond home the quotes are coming on over $150 per spray
For standard weeds i would use a standard weed killer.😉

Jeff Rasberry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am moving to Edmond, within city limits in a HOA. What kind of weeds? Just the standard weeds. I noticed in my Norman home that no matter what I spray on it from Home Depot it doesn't work. I need to get it professionally sprayed. Issue is in the Edmond home the quotes are coming on over $150 per spray
Well let me see 65k truck10k spray rig chemicals are expensive gas and diesel are expensive insurance is expensive
Yep $150 sounds about right
Do the math and quit being a tightwad

Jeff Rasberry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also what are you thinking moving into a HOA, first time you do a little target practice in your back yard they will be on your ass

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I checked their website. Not available for sale in the following states:
AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, IA, ID, MA, ME, MI, MN, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, UT, VT, WA, WI, WY

If I ever need an effective weed killer, that sounds like a good one.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I checked their website. Not available for sale in the following states:
AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, IA, ID, MA, ME, MI, MN, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, UT, VT, WA, WI, WY

If I ever need an effective weed killer, that sounds like a good one.
I didn’t notice that until after they shipped it to me in Arizona 😅 Killed AZ weeds just fine.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 3/4 of an acre and would like to spray to kill weeds myself. What chemicals do I use, and when do I use them? I would like a cheat sheet so I can do it myself and save some $.
Round up in the late winter early spring while the Bermuda is dormant. Use pre-emergent to keep the weed seeds from germinating. And when the weeds are gone, Bermuda likes lots of fertilizer.

Lots of information here including your cheat sheet.

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/...property-recommendations.374915/#post-4219572

IMG_9114.jpeg

I just spread 250 lbs of fertilizer last weekend.

IMG_9115.jpeg

Last edited:

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It seems that since the OKC bombing that the fertilizer we can buy has been diluted and of poor quality.
I recall the $7 stuff at 7-11 was the best stuff around. Not now days. It takes 3 or 4 times as much even
when the same ingredients are on the label.

Latest posts

Top Bottom