For those OSArs on blood thinners..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fortunately I have been very healthy most of my life for an old guy, but wondering does anyone take plane old aspirin any more. It seems to work for me if I need something.
I take 81mg every day, but that is just to help prevent strokes and heart attacks. Doc recommended it a few years back.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a blood clot in my leg head on up to my lungs earlier this year, scary deal. (before the vax retards respond it was found to be genetic and it does run in my family) So..... I'm on Eliquis. I pushed my doc about Ibuprofen and he said just be careful and occasional use only. Otherwise, Tylenol, which doesn't really work well for me.
So your ancestors traveled through time, got the vax, traveled back and caused this genetic issue. That sucks!

Jokes aside, yuck, that’s very scary deal.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FYI, for those on Eliquis, you can go to their website and sign up for a coupon card that is good for 2 years and it works at any pharmacy and will cost you a whopping $10 with each refill. I was paying $45 after insurance and then last year my insurance sent me a notice that they would no longer cover that drug.
I didnt sign up online, I called and did it.

You are correct. Otherwise it's ~$500 out of pocket.....if it's not covered.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm 45, relatively healthy, and have had two strokes. I will be on eliquis for the rest of my life which sucks, but less sucky than having a third stroke.

In response to the question, that is best asked by the doctor who proscribed you blood thinners.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fortunately I have been very healthy most of my life for an old guy, but wondering does anyone take plane old aspirin any more. It seems to work for me if I need something.
Me, over 60, been prescribed 2 meds which I don't take. The stubborn donkey I am had me search out holistic remedies. I watch my fare share of motovationaldoc and the likes on yt. I've changed my diet to some extent and make some wild concoctions which are said to benefit my high mileage engine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom