For those that missed it....Newt's Smackdown of ABC/CNN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What did Monica Lewinsky have to do with the whitewater investigation? :scratch:

Not a thing until Mr Bill lied under oath and the media got hold of it, then the evidence was turned over to the people investigating corruption in the WH. I think many people forget just how many charges and accusations of corruption there were during the Clinton years. If I remember right all but 2 or 3 ranking members of the Clinton admin either had some kind of scandal going or resigned before one could get going.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a thing until Mr Bill lied under oath and the media got hold of it, then the evidence was turned over to the people investigating corruption in the WH. I think many people forget just how many charges and accusations of corruption there were during the Clinton years. If I remember right all but 2 or 3 ranking members of the Clinton admin either had some kind of scandal going or resigned before one could get going.
Why was Clinton questioned under oath about Monica Lewinsky in the first place, when the special prosecutor was empowered to investigate the alleged whitewater real estate crimes?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why was Clinton questioned under oath about Monica Lewinsky in the first place, when the special prosecutor was empowered to investigate the alleged whitewater real estate crimes?

Sigh, you should read the whole post.

Sorry but incorrect. He was asked about it during a civil trial during the Paula Jones affair and lied under oath then. When proof got out that he lied under oath the evidence was given to Starr who was investigating some of the other scandals. That investigation started way before they knew anything about Monica ruining a perfectly good cigar.

Latest posts

Top Bottom