For those that missed it....Newt's Smackdown of ABC/CNN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks...but I don't see 'pushing family values' onto others in either of those.

Again, not being confrontational with you...but with the media driven line that "Newt pushes family values, but doesn't live by them."

Legislation? Criticism of others for doing what he himself has done? Is there any of that out there? (was he involved in going after Clinton...and was the focus on the adulterous acts or the allegations of rape and other criminal acts?)

I admit that his admitted adultery is going to be a problem...but I don't see the hypocrisy in it, yet.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What family values has Newt pushed for? That's a serious question, not a jab. I've heard that said before, but I don't recall Newt exactly being known as a family values crusader. Has he sponsored or supported "family values" legislation or organizations in the past?

Newt has long voiced his opposition to gay marriage on the grounds that it undermines traditional family values and the sanctity of marriage. To do that with 3 marriages and god knows how many affairs under your belt is laughable.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Newt has long voiced his opposition to gay marriage on the grounds that it undermines traditional family values and the sanctity of marriage. To do that with 3 marriages and god knows how many affairs under your belt is laughable.

Has he? I've seen where he is opposed to it on the grounds of defending the definition of marriage and the man/woman thing...but I haven't seen that he has planted his flag and said "marriage is sacred, and we will not let it be defiled"...only that it should be between a man and a woman.

I'm not in the Newt camp, just trying to look past the media driven narrative. We take things for granted because we hear it on the radio or see it on TV. Just wondering if it's true.

http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/Profiles/House/Georgia/Newt_Gingrich/Views/Gay_Marriage/

http://www.christianpost.com/news/g...position-but-religious-grounds-unclear-65419/

Interesting quotes from one interview:

L: Do you believe that homosexuality is a sin?

G: I think you have to. But, I also believe that all of us are sinners.

L: Well, but some folk’s do work a little harder at their sin than others, don’t they?

G: Yeah, but I’m just saying that I don’t want to be judgmental about others. I think that the --

L: But we are talking about homosexuality. Scripture is very clear -- it’s an abomination to God.

G: That’s right. And that’s why I just agreed with you. I think that if you believe in the Bible, then it’s fairly clear. But, I’m not prepared to render judgment to individuals.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Marriage is between a man and a woman, or a man and multiple women, or one man three different times with three different women.

We may have different opinions on what Newt means by things like his support for DOMA, his talk about "dangerous gay fascism imposing it's will on America" and how he thinks the will of the majority supersedes the rights of the minority.

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So my guess is you were the first to step up and go on record defending President Clinton during his first campaign as well as during his 2nd term when Newt and the rest of the Republican Congress were impeaching him and attempting to have him removed from office?

Exactly! I think it is funny on a mainly Christian right wing forum Newt's infidelities are no big deal and no one's business. Is it because people believe he is on our side? He isn't. With people I know behavior like his is usually the tip of the iceberg. If he will screw over a couple of wives he won't hesitate to steam roll you. If I wasn't going out of town and had time I would post some vids about good ol Newt. Your personal life shows your character and you can't tell me there is a difference! If you have no morals wellnthat isn't going to change when you put on a suit, tools or whatever and go to work!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly! I think it is funny on a mainly Christian right wing forum Newt's infidelities are no big deal and no one's business. Is it because people believe he is on our side? He isn't. With people I know behavior like his is usually the tip of the iceberg. If he will screw over a couple of wives he won't hesitate to steam roll you. If I wasn't going out of town and had time I would post some vids about good ol Newt. Your personal life shows your character and you can't tell me there is a difference! If you have no morals wellnthat isn't going to change when you put on a suit, tools or whatever and go to work!

I agree....I'm not defending his behaviour. Just wanting a discussion about what the real narrative is....not the parroted narrative.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really don't care what Newt's problems are, I am 100% stoked that he hit that moderator in the face with a baseball bat! I think it's way past overdue and I seriously hope it starts a trend in the media. I think every time one of the bobble-headed nitwits ask a question they have no business asking, the person being asked rips their head off and craps down their neck! These media wonks have become rude, inconsiderate, spiteful little a$$holes and they need to be stomped on like the little cockroaches they are! Who the hell appointed them to do anything more than stand there like the idiots they are and report the news or facilitate it's reporting? Do you see sports referees grabbing the spotlight and making the game about them? No, because they know their place in the world. Well it's WAY overdue that we remind these sorry, half-assed "reporters" that THEY ARE NOT THE STORY!!!

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really don't care what Newt's problems are, I am 100% stoked that he hit that moderator in the face with a baseball bat! I think it's way past overdue and I seriously hope it starts a trend in the media. I think every time one of the bobble-headed nitwits ask a question they have no business asking, the person being asked rips their head off and craps down their neck! These media wonks have become rude, inconsiderate, spiteful little a$$holes and they need to be stomped on like the little cockroaches they are! Who the hell appointed them to do anything more than stand there like the idiots they are and report the news or facilitate it's reporting? Do you see sports referees grabbing the spotlight and making the game about them? No, because they know their place in the world. Well it's WAY overdue that we remind these sorry, half-assed "reporters" that THEY ARE NOT THE STORY!!!

Rev'rend!

ecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_315pdjf2duL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So my guess is you were the first to step up and go on record defending President Clinton during his first campaign as well as during his 2nd term when Newt and the rest of the Republican Congress were impeaching him and attempting to have him removed from office?

What most people seem to forget, the Clinton thing was NOT about his affairs but about his corruption. His affairs only came into it when he got caught lying to congress.

Latest posts

Top Bottom