For those that missed it....Newt's Smackdown of ABC/CNN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't Newt make a "pledge to fidelity" not too long ago? Taking that into account, isn't he on his 3rd marriage? So he's upset that his wife, THAT HE CHEATED ON, is talking...

Actually, he hasn't said anything bad about her, except that it's not true (which I don't know if I believe, but wouldn't surprise me either way). He seemed genuinely pissed that this was the first question in the presidential debate. I am not a Newt fan, but I do think he has a point there. Maybe bring it up at some point, but jeez.... this is your lead-off????

Losers...

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think it should have come up in the debate at all. That was definitely a low blow for the sake of slander by CNN. But if he didn't want his ex wife to come back and bite him in the ass, maybe he shouldn't have had an affair...

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What people do in their "personal lives" is none of anyone else's business, If he had an affair there might have been a reason, Not there is a good excuse but men have needs. I think what he would do for our country and our economy would be great and it don't matter if he slept with 10 other women as long as he goes to work in the morning and takes care of the business of running the country!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
What people do in their "personal lives" is none of anyone else's business, If he had an affair there might have been a reason, Not there is a good excuse but men have needs. I think what he would do for our country and our economy would be great and it don't matter if he slept with 10 other women as long as he goes to work in the morning and takes care of the business of running the country!

So my guess is you were the first to step up and go on record defending President Clinton during his first campaign as well as during his 2nd term when Newt and the rest of the Republican Congress were impeaching him and attempting to have him removed from office?

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'm sorry, but when he's trying to push family values and the like, but can't live by it himself, that makes him a massive hypocrite. Someone that is on their 3rd marriage and has had affairs can't say a thing about family values and fidelity.

rings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
were all screwed either way it goes! We need some smart level headed redblooded american who doesnt care about the money and bullsh** to step up and take control, that or we should ourselves...and I dont see either happening anytime soon!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but when he's trying to push family values and the like, but can't live by it himself, that makes him a massive hypocrite. Someone that is on their 3rd marriage and has had affairs can't say a thing about family values and fidelity.

What family values has Newt pushed for? That's a serious question, not a jab. I've heard that said before, but I don't recall Newt exactly being known as a family values crusader. Has he sponsored or supported "family values" legislation or organizations in the past?

I think he has a point in terms of the media focusing on issues like this with Republican candidates but ignoring it with Dems. Zero serious questions about Obama and Bill Ayers, the media love affair with John Edwards and their portrayal of the Edwards marriage as a picture perfect fairy tale even when they had information in their back pocket that it was a sham etc....

Latest posts

Top Bottom