For those that missed it....Newt's Smackdown of ABC/CNN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
What most people seem to forget, the Clinton thing was NOT about his affairs but about his corruption. His affairs only came into it when he got caught lying to congress.

I didn't forget that. But the very fact that he was asked about sexual acts under oath is akin to what's going on here. That is what opened the whole crapstorm. It THEN transcended into the legal equivalent of a witch hunt, based almost entirely on his infidelity.

And Newt was at the forefront.

I'm not pointing fingers or saying it is or isn't appropriate to ask those kinds of questions. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of many people currently flowing with the Newt-mentum.

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really don't care what Newt's problems are, I am 100% stoked that he hit that moderator in the face with a baseball bat! I think it's way past overdue and I seriously hope it starts a trend in the media. I think every time one of the bobble-headed nitwits ask a question they have no business asking, the person being asked rips their head off and craps down their neck! These media wonks have become rude, inconsiderate, spiteful little a$$holes and they need to be stomped on like the little cockroaches they are! Who the hell appointed them to do anything more than stand there like the idiots they are and report the news or facilitate it's reporting? Do you see sports referees grabbing the spotlight and making the game about them? No, because they know their place in the world. Well it's WAY overdue that we remind these sorry, half-assed "reporters" that THEY ARE NOT THE STORY!!!

Amen brotha!

I heard one talking head calling it Newt's viscious attack on the media...WTF....these people are off their rocker and truly think they are the story.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but when he's trying to push family values and the like, but can't live by it himself, that makes him a massive hypocrite. Someone that is on their 3rd marriage and has had affairs can't say a thing about family values and fidelity.
I have been married 3 times and I can tell people about family values. My first wife was the "cheater" in our relationship and then my second wife had a fling with my best friend at the time. I have been a faithful husband in all 3 of my marriages.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So my guess is you were the first to step up and go on record defending President Clinton during his first campaign as well as during his 2nd term when Newt and the rest of the Republican Congress were impeaching him and attempting to have him removed from office?

I didn't follow politics in the days of clintons presidency except when he signed the brady bill into law and that made me not like him of course, I guess the difference is he was doing monica lewinski while he was working for the USA and Newt is just trying to get there, If he did have an affair 10 yrs. ago then hopefully he has changed his ways? Until then let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd vote for Newt in a heart beat..I figure his personal life is like all of ours "personal". Also I would bet that there are two sides to every story in his personal life. I plan on being in church Sunday and listen to my Pastor talk about Morals, Sin and Repenting..I would love for Newt to be running my country while I'm in church..

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What did he get caught lying about?

It has been so long I forget the exact details but it was something about trying to block the Whitewater investigation. I do remember they did not have enough proof to do anything about it but it did tick them off enough to really get things going. I also remember Eric Holder was involved somehow.

I didn't forget that. But the very fact that he was asked about sexual acts under oath is akin to what's going on here. That is what opened the whole crapstorm. It THEN transcended into the legal equivalent of a witch hunt, based almost entirely on his infidelity.

And Newt was at the forefront.

I'm not pointing fingers or saying it is or isn't appropriate to ask those kinds of questions. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of many people currently flowing with the Newt-mentum.

Sorry but incorrect. He was asked about it during a civil trial during the Paula Jones affair and lied under oath then. When proof got out that he lied under oath the evidence was given to Starr who was investigating some of the other scandals. That investigation started way before they knew anything about Monica ruining a perfectly good cigar.

I should mention that if they had started by investing Mr Bill's sex life I would think it is wrong too. Also while not a Newt fan, I do find it interesting he was later cleared of all wrong doing that made him resign and pay a $300,000.00 fine.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has been so long I forget the exact details but it was something about trying to block the Whitewater investigation. I do remember they did not have enough proof to do anything about it but it did tick them off enough to really get things going. I also remember Eric Holder was involved somehow.
Poor Hillary still does not know how those document found their way into her personal safe. Someone also used her fingerprints.

Latest posts

Top Bottom