Forgot how well 2nd generation glocks shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a new to me Glock 19 2nd gen gun. Former non-marked NYPD gun, AZW prefix, Had several 2nd gen guns many moons ago, let it go, Carried a G17 when they were relatively newish to the market, in the early 90's. I had forgotten how well the 19 shoots. You can make it rain on target with these. It is like butter, cycles smooth as silk, 5 rapid shots in a center mass size spot. It will be a bad day for someone if this gets draw in defense. Fast and hot on target, like it should be. single stack, pocket or holster guns got nothing on this. Thought I loved my flat 9 and even .45, but.....

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a retired (sitting in safe for my Son) Gen 2 G19 that was manufactured June 1989 (exactly when I graduated HS).

It shoots awesome and I love Gen 2 Gs...if they had rails there would have never been a reason to evolve the line.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Even though its not a G19, but the same size, I really enjoy carrying my G23. I've gotten to where I carry only the G23, and as always my SW640ND as my BUG. Everything else just sits in the safe collecting dust.

Latest posts

Top Bottom