Found a stand and feeder, now what?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother and I are inheriting multiple farms and parcels of land. While searching for an old pickup, I ran across a very nice setup on one of the properties. I'll put a note on it tomorrow or sunday asking them to contact me. Im not hunting it. And unsure if they had previous permission or not. But will explain the new ground rules. starting now on. This guy has two elevated stands one for morning sun and evening. with a feeder and trail cam in the middle.
if the hunter has a paid up lease agreement you may have to live by the terms of the lease or buy him out?

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if the hunter has a paid up lease agreement you may have to live by the terms of the lease or buy him out?
My grandparents and Uncle, the Last of the family who used the property weren't keen on allowing anyone to hunt. HECK! It took many years of begging and free labor to convince them to even let myself hunt any of it lol. I am almost sure its not supposed to be where it is. But will play nice first before I do anything crazy. That feeder was almost full and the trail cam was a cell version. I would expect he saw me poking around that weekend.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandparents and Uncle, the Last of the family who used the property weren't keen on allowing anyone to hunt. HECK! It took many years of begging and free labor to convince them to even let myself hunt any of it lol. I am almost sure its not supposed to be where it is. But will play nice first before I do anything crazy. That feeder was almost full and the trail cam was a cell version. I would expect he saw me poking around that weekend.

Hold a note up in front of the game cam.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the note idea.
You might even get to talk with the person and may find out he had permission and could be an old man in his 80's and you two end up being friends .
You just never know.

Do not treat the ordeal like something illegal until you hear the rest of the story.
Probably had permission from the guy who passed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom