Found another dog, most likely dumped - German Shepherd female - cannot keep

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No chip. No tag. Appears to be a full blood German Shepherd. Purple collar. Found at the Jones Cemetery where people tend to dump dogs.

Vet says she is about 3 years old. Very good with people. Friendly to my dog but he immediately attacked her as he’s becoming more territorial as he ages. She just ran from him, didn’t show any aggression. Very gentle, will eat out of your hand slowly with the softest mouth.

She was skittish at first but jumped in the car as soon as I opened the door. The vet and guys at the convenience store were able to walk right up and pet her in the car.

I absolutely cannot keep her. Just couldn’t leave her out there to starve or get run over.

She’s outside loose right now. Doesn’t run away. She is laying in the car with the doors open. Jumps right in the car and sits down in the front seat or back. Will move around in the car with barely a touch. Seems very smart and calm like most German shepherds.

Please let me know if anyone would like to give her a good home.

Attachments

• BDD50DC1-1964-4E47-AC4E-A003195AB3A7.jpeg
    BDD50DC1-1964-4E47-AC4E-A003195AB3A7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No chip. No tag. Appears to be a full blood German Shepherd. Purple collar. Found at the Jones Cemetery where people tend to dump dogs.

Vet says she is about 3 years old. Very good with people. Friendly to my dog but he immediately attacked her as he’s becoming more territorial as he ages. She just ran from him, didn’t show any aggression.

She was skittish at first but jumped in the car as soon as I opened the door. The vet and guys at the convenience store were able to walk right up and pet her in the car.

I absolutely cannot keep her. Just couldn’t leave her out there to starve or get run over.

She’s outside loose right now. Doesn’t run away. She is laying in the car with the doors open. Jumps right in the car and sits down in the front seat or back. Will move around in the car with barely a touch. Seems very smart and calm like most German shepherds.

Please let me know if anyone would like to give her a good home.
Dang it this hurts my heart.. i can't take any more animals!

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also she’s hungry and I just walked up and moved her food while she was eating. She just wagged her tail. Also leash walks without pulling.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess you've tried the shelters etc? How long have you had her - ie any chance the owner comes forward?
I found her this morning. I had her checked for a chip. I left messages at local vets in case anyone calls. Checked craigslist lost found. My guess is no one will come forward. Shelters are full. I would prefer to find her a home. My dog seems to not like her though. He’s 7 and sees other dogs as someone he has to share me and food with.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something I’ve seen others do is post on Facebook Community pages. My niece had a dog show up out of nowhere. Hung around a couple days. She shared its pic on the local gossip page for her town. Owner lived a half a block away.

If you don’t have any social media maybe a relative or neighbor could.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found her this morning. I had her checked for a chip. I left messages at local vets in case anyone calls. Checked craigslist lost found. My guess is no one will come forward. Shelters are full. I would prefer to find her a home. My dog seems to not like her though. He’s 7 and sees other dogs as someone he has to share me and food with.
Yeah, I mention the shelters just as a source for finding the owner. Ours keeps the dogs info in case an owner reaches out. The last two strays we picked up were both reunited with owner through our shelter. Hard to believe someone would dump her, but then again..

Latest posts

Top Bottom