Found another dog, most likely dumped - German Shepherd female - cannot keep

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I mention the shelters just as a source for finding the owner. Ours keeps the dogs info in case an owner reaches out. The last two strays we picked up were both reunited with owner through our shelter. Hard to believe someone would dump her, but then again..
I will call the shelters now.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might try this place. If surrendered to the local shelter, they should do a "stray hold". The material states to contact this rescue after surrender. Plus, they may have some other places to try.
Oklahoma German Shepherd Rescue, Inc.

Owner Surrender

Know it's not an owner surrender, but read down a bit as it talks about strays.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might try this place. If surrendered to the local shelter, they should do a "stray hold". The material states to contact this rescue after surrender. Plus, they may have some other places to try.

Owner Surrender

I messaged them. Thanks.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Owner Surrender

They are an awesome group of people.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe someone will come home after work and start looking for her. I left my number with both local vets and the Jones Police in case someone calls. Also the MWC animal shelter. I checked the Jones Facebook lost animal page. If anyone tries at all to find her it should be pretty easy.

However, they love to dump dogs at the cemetery because it’s out of the way. When dumped they stay in the same spot a lot of time. Like she was. Doesn’t seem like the kind of dog to run away from home. She’s not going anywhere now.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny thing. When I was at the cemetery trying to get the dog an older gentleman pulled up and asked me if I needed something. He didn’t see the dog. He said he was there to meet someone. He had the classic OSA look. Wonder if he was doing a deal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom