Found some 1960 issues of 'GUNS' magazines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okiemax51

New to the site!
Reaction score
This was pretty much the going prices from 1960 to 65 as I remember them, I didn't see my favorite, the British Enfield Mark IV revolver for $12.95. I was a big eared kid (turned 9 in 1960) who usta check out the ads every month and drool. During that time period I did buy my first rifle, a Winchester mod 67A target rifle for $4.00,and my first revolver, a Hi Standard Sentinel for $5.00 but I never had the cash to take advantage of the good stuff. Nobody ever got rich on a hay hauling crew at $.01 a bale. By the time I was making the money to buy the guns I wanted I also had truck to pay for, $.23 gas to buy and girls to chase. Then the GCA 68 bit us all in the a$$ and the prices never stopped going crazy. Thanks for the trip down memory lane, I wish I could still find these prices and these surplus guns- maybe Heaven!

rocketman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to point out...Oswald purchased his Carcano for these prices around the same time. $19.95 with the scope I think.

KleinsAd1963.jpg

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! A few years ago I found a bunch of newspaper sale ads from the sixties and new cars were going for around $2500!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to see something, take a look at a turn of the (20th) century Sears and Roebucks catalog (my mom's aunt and uncle had a few, and I and my cousin spent inordinate amounts of time looking through them during family reunions). $25 (IIRC) for a brand new Colt Peacemaker, shipped directly to your door. Of course, $25 wasn't far off from a workin' man's monthly wages, but...

And they had lots of .22, too...

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It does put the drool glands in turbo mode.
I remember going to Woolworth's and seeing milsurp Enfield and Springfield in the aisle in a circle barracks style for $25. If I only had a pocket full of cash.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
It does put the drool glands in turbo mode.
I remember going to Woolworth's and seeing milsurp Enfield and Springfield in the aisle in a circle barracks style for $25. If I only had a pocket full of cash.

i remember going to the sears in enid to get 'husky' brand jeans. always wanted to get the jean buying over so i could go downstairs where sporting goods were. they had milsurp guns in plastic barrels by the dozens. even as a little kid, i thought they were just as cool or cooler than the modern guns sitting in the racks

Latest posts

Top Bottom