Foundation replacement questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have heard of and even seen homes raised for repair and or replacement of crawl space type foundations. Is this even possible for homes that have a poured/floating slab type foundation? Sounds like a nightmare to me.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You want to replace the slab?

Nah, we have a floating slab, and that has held up so far, but we are having to install more piers around the outer walls so we can get everything to stop moving. After that we are going to reinspect the roof and support framing, then start repairs on the brick, dry wall and door frames.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have heard that foam injection works good, is less intrusive, and half the price. Has anyone had foam injection for foundations done?

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had 9 piers put in the along the back of my house before I moved into it. They were all on the perimeter. My parents have I think 21 piers put in their house with around 15 or so inside the slab area. They cut through their floors, set the piers and poured concrete back. My parents ending up buying new carpet and repairing tile through half the house.

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the foam injection done. Worked very well but, as mentioned, it will not lift the outer foundation, only level the interior slab.
If anyone is thinking of building a home in OK, get a structural engineer to design your slab and foundation and make sure the engineer is reputable and will stand by his design. Trust me, 41 piers and several adjustments and foam injection is a pain and a LOT more expensive!

Latest posts

Top Bottom