Not much faith for the future, bad car deal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shooter93

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it were a scam he would have met you somewhere public instead of at his house. He probably forgot the title was screwed up or is just an idiot and needed the money so was hesitant to refund you. Do you still have the dealership name and UD number he used?
He’s an idiot and couldn’t transfer it into his name and tried to pass the problem on to me. Tag agency was absolutely not having it they said everything was wrong… I got a refund and it’s his problem again to deal with. As soon as I said it’s a felony to title jump he got all shaky he’s a terrible liar 🤥

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought a used car yesterday from a guy on marketplace. We agreed on a price and he went inside for the title, came back out and I should have left then but no I had hopes he was a decent person. The car was donated to a car foundation and was signed over by the original owner. Then sold to a dealer from the auction. (The guy I was purchasing from)! The title had his dealer number and all the proper notarizations from what I understood from doing some research in his driveway, he assured me everything was legit and I would have no issues.. I signed the title and paid the man. 5 tag agency trips later I was unable to transfer the title. His dealer number was not valid, they informed me since he was a dealer he should have supplied a purchase agreement, which he did not. And to top it off the car foundation needed to put it in their name from the start before the auction took place, atleast that’s what they said. Title jumping is what they called it and I am stuck with an a car I can’t even register 🙃🙃 after a few minutes of research on the ole inter web showed me he was a felon and a drunk so I demanded my money back and after a long 30min argue with the guy in his front yard of him telling me to find a shady notary and do this and that he finally gave me the money back. I’m glad I got my hard earned money back and will never pay for a used car unless they meet me at the tag agency before payment is made. Did he think I would park the car and not get it legal in my name? Maybe he just didn’t car and wanted to run a scam..
Either way I’m blessed to have my money returned and learned a valuable lesson.
What’s the world coming to with people like this trying to rip somebody off. Not much faith for the future with things like this going on daily, but we have to keep hope that’s there’s good people left out there. I’ve met many honest and fair fellers on osa so I know your out there just can’t let your guard down these days…
You really should publish his name and inform the marketplace he advertises on.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought a used car yesterday from a guy on marketplace. We agreed on a price and he went inside for the title, came back out and I should have left then but no I had hopes he was a decent person. The car was donated to a car foundation and was signed over by the original owner. Then sold to a dealer from the auction. (The guy I was purchasing from)! The title had his dealer number and all the proper notarizations from what I understood from doing some research in his driveway, he assured me everything was legit and I would have no issues.. I signed the title and paid the man. 5 tag agency trips later I was unable to transfer the title. His dealer number was not valid, they informed me since he was a dealer he should have supplied a purchase agreement, which he did not. And to top it off the car foundation needed to put it in their name from the start before the auction took place, atleast that’s what they said. Title jumping is what they called it and I am stuck with an a car I can’t even register 🙃🙃 after a few minutes of research on the ole inter web showed me he was a felon and a drunk so I demanded my money back and after a long 30min argue with the guy in his front yard of him telling me to find a shady notary and do this and that he finally gave me the money back. I’m glad I got my hard earned money back and will never pay for a used car unless they meet me at the tag agency before payment is made. Did he think I would park the car and not get it legal in my name? Maybe he just didn’t car and wanted to run a scam..
Either way I’m blessed to have my money returned and learned a valuable lesson.
What’s the world coming to with people like this trying to rip somebody off. Not much faith for the future with things like this going on daily, but we have to keep hope that’s there’s good people left out there. I’ve met many honest and fair fellers on osa so I know your out there just can’t let your guard down these days…
That is why they call people like this CONS!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
You really should publish his name and inform the marketplace he advertises on.
two new car dealers I have had bad expedience with are Milton in Claremore. I bought two new Dodge diesel pick ups, a '97 and a 2004. They offered a life time service agreement, where I just pay for the oil filter, for a the price, so i bought it. a few years later they decided they were losing money on this, so they kept jacking up the price on the oil filter, then just said they didn't do that anymore! I had the paperwork to take them to court, but hate lawyers, so I didn't mess with it! I took our Jeep Wrangler to Glover in Owasso, for service, and we had some oil leaks, so I ask them for an estimate on fixing them. It was to high, so I took this Jeep to Bristow to Crown Dodge, Jeep the next day. The engine had been racing when I turn a sharp corner, and I didn't know what was causing this. Crown found that the Jeep Glover had serviced the day before, was 3 QTS. LOW ON TRANSMISSION FLUID, so low the transmission pump was losing suction on corners!! Along with the oil pan leak, there was a pin whole in the transmission cooling line! Crown survive guys have proven themselves TWICE to be good, and more importantly to me, HONEST!! They almost certainly saved me from having to replace the transmission, on this occasion! DEALER ARE DIFFERENT!! I RECOMMEND CROWN DODGE/JEEP SERVICE DEPT IN BRISTOW, HIGHLY!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom