Four Legged Friends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So much for wondering if you'd ever have another lab, lol.

Good luck with her!
You remembered that comment?🤣

Yeah, that was my intention, but having Ivy for less than a day has reminded me how special Labs are. I can already see that she’s going to have a big personality. I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me to train her, but it’s going to be fun.

Edit to add. My wife’s horrible at keeping secrets, so in the 35 years of marriage, this is the first thing that my wife has truly “surprised” me with.

Last edited:

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20190119_101438.jpg

Did anyone drop a glove??

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You remembered that comment?🤣

Yeah, that was my intention, but having Ivy for less than a day has reminded me how special Labs are. I can already see that she’s going to have a big personality. I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me to train her, but it’s going to be fun.

Edit to add. My wife’s horrible at keeping secrets, so in the 35 years of marriage, this is the first thing that my wife has truly “surprised” me with.
Yep, I had a couple labs when growing up and the first year to year and a half can test patience. I was over at my Dad's the other day and he still has an estwing hammer that's got teeth marks from my lab. Was caught early or wouldn't have had a handle. That dog chewed every thing that could be chewed.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, I had a couple labs when growing up and the first year to year and a half can test patience. I was over at my Dad's the other day and he still has an estwing hammer that's got teeth marks from my lab. Was caught early or wouldn't have had a handle. That dog chewed every thing that could be chewed.
Annie, my last Lab, was a horrible chewer and ate a piece of mexican blanket when she was about a year old. She couldn’t pass it, and I had to pay for surgery to get it removed. My youngest son’s last Lab used to eat and chit out whole socks on a surprisingly regular basis, but I had to pay a vet to remove a piece of beach towel out of him once. :rolleyes2

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Annie, my last Lab, was a horrible chewer and ate a piece of mexican blanket when she was about a year old. She couldn’t pass it, and I had to pay for surgery to get it removed. My youngest son’s last Lab used to eat and chit out whole socks on a surprisingly regular basis, but I had to pay a vet to remove a piece of beach towel out of him once. :rolleyes2
They ARE bad about that. We had a couple of Labs growing up and I don't even remember how many times he had to fish socks and towels outta those stinkers.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rio wasn't ever a chewer - might have been if we didn't keep a close eye on him. The lab before him, Moneypenny, was a terror on chewing. We had pressed particle board siding but she was probably 16-18" at the shoulder so she chewed on like the 3rd or 4th row of siding. Had to pull that many rows off before I got to the actual ones she chewed! Man, I miss her! :heart:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Damn!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom