Freaky things happen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catswithguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was shooting my carry piece at the range a couple of days ago. I religiously wear eye protection, but a 9mm casing landed between my safety glasses and my upper cheek right below my eye. Wasn’t much fun. You never know when something out of the ordinary will happen.

Attachments

• 9CF2B9BA-957A-4696-AB62-8D23AF6EF02F.jpeg
    9CF2B9BA-957A-4696-AB62-8D23AF6EF02F.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 3

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I was at the range with @Okvet03 once. It was hot as heck out and I had on flip flops. Actually slides that go over the top of your foot and not between the toes. One of his 22 cases landed between my foot and flip flop. I had a burn in the shape of a spent shell for a few days.
@Catswithguns, I bet you end up with a little scar and a story to tell for a while. Glad it wasn’t worse.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Were you wearing a hat? Keeps shells from behind the glasses.

I used to to be whatevs about eyepro, we never wore it growing up. Then one day my malaria ejected a case directly into my eye. Now it's eyepro, hat, gloves.

I was at the range with @Okvet03 once. It was hot as heck out and I had on flip flops. Actually slides that go over the top of your foot and not between the toes. One of his 22 cases landed between my foot and flip flop. I had a burn in the shape of a spent shell for a few days.
@Catswithguns, I bet you end up with a little scar and a story to tell for a while. Glad it wasn’t worse.
Reminds me of welding in chucks and having a piece of salt somehow bounce into the side vent holes. Always boots after that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom