Freaky things happen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was shooting my carry piece at the range a couple of days ago. I religiously wear eye protection, but a 9mm casing landed between my safety glasses and my upper cheek right below my eye. Wasn’t much fun. You never know when something out of the ordinary will happen.
Been there, done that more than once with a hat. It hurts like hell.

Thank God it didn't end up like this:

https://fox8.com/news/accidental-shooting-at-gun-range-injured-man-geauga-county-sheriff-says/

Last edited:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago during my BG phase I was wearing my shirts unbutton low to show my hairy chest. Friends 44 Auto mag right down the front of my shirt. Had a burn close to my naval for a few days. Luckily I had more muscle then gut in those days. :P

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
i about got shot at a class once when a hot case landed in the cleavage of the woman standing next to me.
Didja help her dig it out?

1687579289158.png

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My ex-wife was...well, let's just say I sold a LOT of guns on my old forum using her as a model. She was very inexperienced as a shooter, so I took her to the range frequently. On our 1st or 2nd outing...I was standing right behind her when she had a stoppage. (A simple stovepipe) She set the gun down as instructed, and I stepped forward to clear it.
When I turned back around a moment later, her white t-shirt was blood soaked across her proud chest, and she hadn't even noticed.

The entire range went silent as about 100 people watched me rip both her shirt and bra off to find the damage. Nothing. That's when I noticed one hand was also bloody, and on inspection I realized she had a big divot ripped out of the end of her thumb from the slide. (Which of course is what caused the stoppage)
We got her cleaned up and bandaged, and the range offered her a free t-shirt.

Back on the horse immediately. I was proud, and angry at her simultaneously.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i about got shot at a class once when a hot case landed in the cleavage of the woman standing next to me.
If that was H&h… my dad and I may have been watching, got covered too. (My dad worked with the lady) she did not handle that well at all.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Twice at Cowboy Action matches while working the lever on my rifle I’ve watched a smoldering grain of black powder come out of the receiver and float back, over my safety glasses and into my eye. Hard to shoot and cry at the same time.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was shooting my carry piece at the range a couple of days ago. I religiously wear eye protection, but a 9mm casing landed between my safety glasses and my upper cheek right below my eye. Wasn’t much fun. You never know when something out of the ordinary will happen.
I had the shell casing from my first shot of a stage in uspsa land on my nose, wedged behind my safety glasses one day. first It was hot, so I was sweaty. I finished the stage. it didn’t hurt, but was uncomfortable. I got a few funny looks when I turned around after I was all clear then pulled out the shell casing. Few members or former members of this board were on my squad. Would have hurt if it wasn’t so freaking hot out. It was a 40 cal.

Sometimes it pays to be a hot, sweaty pig.

Latest posts

Top Bottom