Freaky things happen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Were you wearing a hat? Keeps shells from behind the glasses.

I used to to be whatevs about eyepro, we never wore it growing up. Then one day my malaria ejected a case directly into my eye. Now it's eyepro, hat, gloves.

Reminds me of welding in chucks and having a piece of salt somehow bounce into the side vent holes. Always boots after that.
Can you explain what kind of malaria ejects a spent case.... Asking for a friend!! :cool:

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago somebody on here had their safety glasses stop a .22 projectile. Does anyone else remember that?
I didn’t see that one but I’ve seen two ruptured primers that blew back debris in a way you’d never dream it could around the bolt. One with safety glasses and one without. The one without resulted in permanately impaired vision in one eye of the friend who was laying on the mat right next to me. Have to admit before that I was pretty cavalier about glasses. And he was not; just a one time mistake that cost him.

Catswithguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Were you wearing a hat? Keeps shells from behind the glasses.

I used to to be whatevs about eyepro, we never wore it growing up. Then one day my malaria ejected a case directly into my eye. Now it's eyepro, hat, gloves.

Reminds me of welding in chucks and having a piece of salt somehow bounce into the side vent holes. Always boots after that.
That’s a good idea. I’ve really never worn hats. Time to start.

Latest posts

Top Bottom