Friend honors Skeeter Skelton!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Good to have you! And those are some fantastic guns. The first (and only) 624 I have ever shot was one of Leightons. Both myself and my wife enjoyed that.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guns look great, Skeeter was a great lawman also, He was the sheriff in Deaf Smith county in the texas panhandle. I too am from the texas panhandle and so I was really interested in his stories

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who did the leather? It's a thing of beauty all by itself. :naughty:

I really love the Tom Threeperson style of holster used for both. Kinda dresses up the sixguns as well as being era specific. ;)

I wonder how many kids here have never seen or even heard of a Tom Threepersons holster. :rolleyes2

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Who did the leather? It's a thing of beauty all by itself. :naughty:

I really love the Tom Threeperson style of holster used for both. Kinda dresses up the sixguns as well as being era specific. ;)

I wonder how many kids here have never seen or even heard of a Tom Threepersons holster. :rolleyes2

Those are ElPaso Saddlery.

mm6mm6

New to the site!
Reaction score
Glock 'Em Down, yep they're both from El Paso Saddlery. I figured I'd get the traditional thong instead of the strap for my Ruger. Instead of going plain, I figured I'd get the border stamping to dress it up a bit. I really liked EPS's quality. I've got a whole bunch of their holsters.

I've got a floral carved Threepersons for my Colt and an 1870 Slim Jim for my S&W Schofield and they're very well made and finished:

ai136.photobucket.com_albums_q187_mm6mm6_Grashorn003.jpg

ai136.photobucket.com_albums_q187_mm6mm6_Schofield006.jpg

Heck, EPS can even dress up a Glock (I'm guessing by your user name that you like Glocks!):

ai136.photobucket.com_albums_q187_mm6mm6_Glock074.jpg

Shadowrider, I've become a big fan of Michael Gouse's work. His turn around time (after you've waited in line through his backlog) is usually pretty fast and he only has my guns for about a month. His pricing is also excellent.

I was given a perfect old pair of factory S&W mother of pearl handles for a .32 Safety Hammerless years ago. They sat around in my gun parts box and I kept looking for a deal on an old breaktop I could put them on. Then I happened upon a beater .32 that had a good bore and tight lockup. The finish was gone but I saw a possibility. Since I had nothing in the gun or the grips, I sent the little revolver off to Gouse. This was my first engraved gun. I asked him to do an old world blue on it since I didn't want it looking brand new. I asked for 75% coverage American Scroll. Here is the result:

ai136.photobucket.com_albums_q187_mm6mm6_Breaktops011.jpg

I was so happy with my little S&W (I wear it in a suspender holster for Cowboy Action Shooting) that I sent my S&W 624 off to Gouse for 75% American Scroll as well, but with Skeeter's Bar-T cattle brand added too.

I became addicted to Gouse's work so I sold a few guns I didn't really shoot anymore. I sent him my Interarms Walther PPK (my constant carry gun for 20 years) and a Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless .32 that I gotten in horrible condition. I had it restored/reblued by a local guy who does excellent work. I saved on shipping by sending Gouse both automatics at the same time. 75% American Scroll again (it's my favorite style, although Gouse does just about anything).

ai136.photobucket.com_albums_q187_mm6mm6_WaltherCamilllus003.jpg

(I even had Gouse scratch up my Camillus knife to match my Walther)

Here is the little Colt in the terrible condition I got it in. I had to replace the barrel and the grips (they were shattered, but my dad happened to have these originals):

ai136.photobucket.com_albums_q187_mm6mm6_ColtHammerless.jpg

Here's the Colt after it was restored (and I played around with a set of bonded ivory handles on it):

ai136.photobucket.com_albums_q187_mm6mm6_GouseEngraving033.jpg

Here it is today, after Gouse scratched it all up:

ai136.photobucket.com_albums_q187_mm6mm6_GouseEngraving017.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom