Ft. Cobb hybrids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hit up oklahomabassins fishing hole this past week with a good friend of mine and tore the hybes up.. didnt get any 10+ fish, but just about everything we caught wasnt under 5 pounds.. biggest was right around 9... looked like we were catching the same fish every time.. we were using 12 pound test and light tackle with live shad fishing 18-27 ft off points, had a split shot on the line casting the shad away from boat and letting it swim.. also caught 1 keeper saugeye, an ice chest full of 3-7 pound channel cats, and 2, 10 pound blue cats.. kept 4 deep hooked hybrids, and released all the others to grow up..

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii240_brian8903_hybrid1.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii240_brian8903_hybrid2.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii240_brian8903_hybrid3.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii240_brian8903_hybrid4.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii240_brian8903_hybrid5.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii240_brian8903_hybrid6.jpg

waffles

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man Brian you got me itching to slay some hybrids! Me and a good friend of mine are going to Altus-Lugert this upcoming week and we will be down there for 3 days trying to slay them. Hope we can catch some. How exactly did you rig your setup for hybrids? Also what did you catch all those cats on?

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Man Brian you got me itching to slay some hybrids! Me and a good friend of mine are going to Altus-Lugert this upcoming week and we will be down there for 3 days trying to slay them. Hope we can catch some. How exactly did you rig your setup for hybrids? Also what did you catch all those cats on?

Just put a small split shot about a foot above a live frisky shad and cast it out and let the shad do the work... The trick is keeping shad alive.. you have to have a bait tank..

The catfish were caught on live shad also, the same way we caught the hybrids..

warrior45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeebus:hyper::owned3::patriot::yikes2::respect::ooh2: Well done, guys. Some awesome catches! I bet you fellas had the time of your life. That is it, I am taking a break from the shop soon. These pics really set me off...LOL

Chris

Latest posts

Top Bottom