Ft. Cobb hybrids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If me and my buddy dont have luck slabbing for them at altus lugert tomorrow we may pack up camp and go to ft cobb friday and saturday. How hard is it to learn the lake and where some good spots are? follow the boats lol?

Waffles as we discussed today, let me know a couple hours in advance what time you will be at the lake. I will either meet you and hop in, bring the boat and yall hop in, or lead you to some good spots. You can purchase some slabs at the local bait stores if you have trouble getting shad. The last 2 days, it has been tough getting the right size shad.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will add a few pics from my day on the water. I took my buddy in the morning and my dad in the evening. We caught 35+ hybrid that day in the 6-10 pound range. Most were real close to 7 pounds. We had a solid 8 and a solid 10 pound fish that were weighed, pictured and released. All but 7 of the smaller fish for a fish fry were released.
10 pound hybrid caught on topwater lure
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_June1010a.jpg

A fish my buddy caught on live bait
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_June1010i.jpg

Another of mine, after so many, I can't remember if live bait or topwater lure.
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_June1010b.jpg

Dad with a live bait catch.
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_June1010c.jpg

Dad with another
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_June1010d.jpg

And another with Dad
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_June1010e.jpg

I put my dad up front and netted his fish, handed him another baited rod and reel and he had the time of his life. When he/we caught about 20 fish, I said lets pack up to go, then I seen the fish surfacing. I looked at him and said we can't leave now, lets hit that topwater bite. I ran the outboard up toward the shallows and we caught 7 or 8 more on topwater before leaving with the feeding still going on.
My buddy with 2 fish
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_June1010g.jpg

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will add a few pics from my day on the water. I took my buddy in the morning and my dad in the evening. We caught 35+ hybrid that day in the 6-10 pound range. Most were real close to 7 pounds. We had a solid 8 and a solid 10 pound fish that were weighed, pictured and released. All but 7 of the smaller fish for a fish fry were released.
10 pound hybrid caught on topwater lure
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_June1010a.jpg

A fish my buddy caught on live bait
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_June1010i.jpg

Another of mine, after so many, I can't remember if live bait or topwater lure.
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_June1010b.jpg

Dad with a live bait catch.
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_June1010c.jpg

Dad with another
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_June1010d.jpg

And another with Dad
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_June1010e.jpg

I put my dad up front and netted his fish, handed him another baited rod and reel and he had the time of his life. When he/we caught about 20 fish, I said lets pack up to go, then I seen the fish surfacing. I looked at him and said we can't leave now, lets hit that topwater bite. I ran the outboard up toward the shallows and we caught 7 or 8 more on topwater before leaving with the feeding still going on.
My buddy with 2 fish
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_June1010g.jpg

All that does it make me want to skip working Monday and go fishing. lol

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice catch, glad you can take your Dad with you.
Yes I am too. He said that trip was one of his best trips. I told it was mine too, until the next we go again.
Damm nice load of fish! I'll bet your arms were tired. Love catching them on topwater:D
Yes I was definitely tired. Not sure what is more tiring. Throwing a cast night full of moss, throwing the 1.5 oz topwater bait, or reeling in 7 pounders.
Very nice. Seems like I always miss the fun.
Yes you do, if you get bored Monday, you can mow my yard so I won't have to do that Tuesday and I will take you to the "Lucky 7 Hole".

Latest posts

Top Bottom