Fun on a cruise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ661

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
The wife and I have an Alaska cruise booked for the end of summer. Fly to Anchorage then land tour up to Denali National Park. Train down to the port at Whittier then cruise the inside passage back to Vancouver. I’ve been on fishing trips to Sitka and the scenery is truly breath taking.
IMG_1304.jpeg
IMG_1298.jpeg

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not really interested in cruises but I really want to go on one of the Alaskan cruises. That being said I hope Alaskan cruises have a different clientele base.
we have been on lots of cruises -have not seen anything even remotely like that crap - Alaska is good and - believe it or not going up the northeast coast from NY is good [except you have to touch foot in NY] - it's mostly about the ports imo - by far the best are in European countries

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or, do a cruise and land tour combined. Then one can see a lot in both the Inside Passage and on land as well. The only drawback is that the cruise line sets the port calls in the Inside Passage and stops along the land tour.

If one is really interested in an Alaskan cruise and land tour, check out my Alaska folder at my Smugmug site in the link below.
Back in 2018, my mother had been battling cancer for the third time. Twice breast cancer, and the final, lung cancer from smoking.
We had booked a 10 day fly in to Alaska. Mom's cancer report at 6 months said her condition was improving, so we scrambled to book a trip.
The day before we left, she collapsed on the floor and could not get up.
We had to call the ambulance to take her to the ER.
After half a night of tests, she and we found out the cancer had metastasized to the spinal cord making her paralyzed.
No question we could leave and go on the trip. It was done.
We had bought non-refundable reservations at resorts as it was cheaper as well as airfare but bought insurance for trip cancellation.
The insurance said we knew she had cancer before booking and denied the claim.
So, 10 grand went down the tubes.
Here is my advice. Never book non-refundable as one never knows what is going to happen in the future, even a few weeks, and so on.
We have trips scheduled two years in advance currently, but you can bet they are refundable. It costs more, but worth the price considering the past experience.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So many comments on X and IG, etc where folks were so pissed at the caucasian/white guy for filming it, and for the security guards being white lol. Like they can help it?
Just watching nature without interfering is satisfying- perhaps Attenborough could narrate?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Just watching nature without interfering is satisfying- perhaps Attenborough could narrate?

Yes!!! If you weren't aware there is a David Attenborough voice over app.

Copy and paste this below, at the link below lol. It's fantastic! If it were free I'd be worthless, I would get absolutely nothing done during the day but Attenborough voice overs lol.

"As I watched in dismay at the ferocity of the event, I thought to myself, there must be a better way"

https://www.topmediai.com/text-speaker/david-attenborough-ai-voice/

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who has law and authority over things like this in open waters? What if it involves multiple nationalities, is it the port countries laws or what?? Do they stop at the next port and kick them off, or arrest them? Do they stay on the ship until they go home ? I know about maritime laws, but they probably don't cover things like this lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom