Playing Fetch: Beluga whale style

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot more creatures of the seas are friendly towards humans. Porpoises have been known to help humans back towards land, I've seen YouTube videos of humans and Octopus interacting together, and I'm pretty sure that some others would also interact with humans in different ways.

Russ661

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Similar story here.
I was stationed in northern Italy back in the mid 70’s and there was a zoo in the city of Verona. The zoo had a polar bear display that was basically a pit with a pool in it and a small beach area. There was a single bear and they had given it a truck tire as a toy. Visitors were allowed to look over a short wall around the pit, maybe 4’ tall and if you would reach over and slap the wall the bear would bring the tire over and push it up the side of the enclosure. With the bear standing stretched up as far as he could the tire would be pushed up within reach. I would grab the tire and pull it away from the bear and then swing it away as best I could, kind of throwing it. The bear would go fetch the tire and bring it back 3 or 4 times before losing interest. I played fetch with a polar bear!

Latest posts

Top Bottom