Further destruction of the middle class

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The simple answer is creating a new pro-usa union. Maybe America needs a national union to represent us. We'll give up our independent choices of where to shop, what to buy, ect... We'll all agree to be told how much 'American' we have to ratio in purchases, dues should be included in the American ratio too.

Call them "Compensatory Donations"
(youll get a Lot more ...takers).... ;)

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CNN) -- Some of the world's most well-known companies like Apple, Google, Facebook, Boots and Starbucks have become successful partly by convincing us through their products that their corporate values align with consumers' personal values.
But what happens when these companies behave in ways that seem to betray our trust? What if you find out that these companies keep their huge profits offshore and out of reach of domestic tax authorities?
Will people challenge them -- "You want to change the world and have us pick up the tab?" Yes, people are voicing their discontent. At Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference in June, protesters loudly criticized Apple for keeping $54.4 billion offshore to avoid paying U.S. corporate taxes.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/16/opinion/pease-tax-avoidance/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Maybe if we didn't have the highest freaking corporate tax rate in the world, they would be more inclined to declare and spend money here. Btw, of course it's not mentioned, but all those profits are not from the US.

You really need to broaden your horizons and read something other than the communist news network!

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We don't like facts. We only like personal attacks and emotional appeals. Don't confuse us by showing us facts. We consider facts as an affront to our personal dignity.

OH, Please dont start explaining, my heart,,,just wont take it....Thanks

Just replying to the above comment.

I would love to have a logical conversation. Would you like to see those facts?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just replying to the above comment.

I would love to have a logical conversation. Would you like to see those facts?

Im just razzin ya but would you bring facts to the coffee shop to prove a point?

Id much rather hear your very own opinion and not a bunch of "facts" regurgitated from some book somebody else wrote.

Again im just kiddin.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im just razzin ya but would you bring facts to the coffee shop to prove a point?

Id much rather hear your very own opinion and not a bunch of "facts" regurgitated from some book somebody else wrote.

Again im just kiddin.

What I would show is different ways to depreciate equipment based on different accounting methods. I could calculate and provide a spreadsheet with a side by side to show overall, the same nominal (not taking the time value of money into account) amount is depreciated but the timing is different.

And no I wouldn't bring my backup to a coffee shop, but I would have my laptop in the vehicle with me if something was questioned.

The thing is, it's not opinion, it's fact.

I know, we're all having fun! And I love crunching numbers.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What I would show is different ways to depreciate equipment based on different accounting methods. I could calculate and provide a spreadsheet with a side by side to show overall, the same nominal (not taking the time value of money into account) amount is depreciated but the timing is different.

And no I wouldn't bring my backup to a coffee shop, but I would have my laptop in the vehicle with me if something was questioned.

The thing is, it's not opinion, it's fact.

I know, we're all having fun! And I love crunching numbers.

I guess thatsa difference. You call it crunching numbers, we call it counting beans.

I have a guy I pay that crunchs numbers. Hes alot smarter than me, yet he works for me. I trust him and his opinion, without me, he would make less and I prolly would as well.

My point is this. As consumers, the middle class should be protected. The poor should be protected from the middle and the middle should be protected from those with real power.

Yall bean counters are a good bunch but just like my guy, his job is to protect me n mine. I trust him to protect mine but I dont trust him to protect the middle or poor.

Anyways carry on. I may learn a little something.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess thatsa difference. You call it crunching numbers, we call it counting beans.

I have a guy I pay that crunchs numbers. Hes alot smarter than me, yet he works for me. I trust him and his opinion, without me, he would make less and I prolly would as well.

My point is this. As consumers, the middle class should be protected. The poor should be protected from the middle and the middle should be protected from those with real power.

Yall bean counters are a good bunch but just like my guy, his job is to protect me n mine. I trust him to protect mine but I dont trust him to protect the middle or poor.

Anyways carry on. I may learn a little something.

To sum it up.

[video=youtube_share;W8qcccZy03s]http://youtu.be/W8qcccZy03s[/video]

Latest posts

Top Bottom