Thank you Senator McCain for killing Obamacare repeal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sanjuro, my reference to the "cheap seats" is a demographic that comes on here and contributes virtually nothing to the shooting/firearm related discussion. Yet, they seemingly are here for only reason, to perpetually antagonize and or to try and reaffirm apologist rhetoric from the left. Real account or fake, they have nothing to add except mindless bullshyt. When I comment I'm not referring to yourself, as you can reference Ace if you want a good example of what I'm speaking of.

Now you're back-peddling and simply lying. I've seen you reference people as "cheap seats" that do indeed contribute to firearms discussions.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thank you for calling me brilliant!

I'm sure you are used to having to edit comments to make you feel better about yourself.

It must be rough to try and back up your false comments about gun control.

Let's see, I said no new legislation. You admit that's a fact. I said no EO's limiting legal gun ownership. You admit that's a fact. In the 8 years Obama was in office, there was no new gun control. You admit that's a fact. False, huh?

No, he didn't get any legislation passed while in office although he tried every chance he got as my links proved.

Your links show not a single effort to pass new legislation. Your links, in fact, do not prove your false claim. Your links show he recommended a small change in who was considered a gun dealer. Which, is not, in fact, gun control. You could still buy the same firearms from the same person. Just a bit of paperwork. You are, as you are most of the time, wrong.

He was extremely anti-gun/2A while in office.

Yet he never made even the smallest effort to pass any new gun control laws, and never issued any EO's that limited legal gun ownership.
Hum, who to believe, the facts or you? Hint, because god knows you need one, that was rhetorical.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sanjuro, my reference to the "cheap seats" is a demographic that comes on here and contributes virtually nothing to the shooting/firearm related discussion. Yet, they seemingly are here for only reason, to perpetually antagonize and or to try and reaffirm apologist rhetoric from the left. Real account or fake, they have nothing to add except mindless bullshyt. When I comment I'm not referring to yourself, as you can reference Ace if you want a good example of what I'm speaking of.

But, @JD8, you're so easy.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure you are used to having to edit comments to make you feel better about yourself.

Let's see, I said no new legislation. You admit that's a fact. I said no EO's limiting legal gun ownership. You admit that's a fact. In the 8 years Obama was in office, there was no new gun control. You admit that's a fact. False, huh?

Your links show not a single effort to pass new legislation. Your links, in fact, do not prove your false claim. Your links show he recommended a small change in who was considered a gun dealer. Which, is not, in fact, gun control. You could still buy the same firearms from the same person. Just a bit of paperwork. You are, as you are most of the time, wrong.

Yet he never made even the smallest effort to pass any new gun control laws, and never issued any EO's that limited legal gun ownership.
Hum, who to believe, the facts or you? Hint, because god knows you need one, that was rhetorical.

You still haven't learned to use the Internet yet have you?
You gloss over the real facts that he was anti 2A, and pushed that agenda during his entire term, but his democrat congress wouldn't go along.
Continue to dream on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Absolutely not! :)

You may or may not know this, but a few years back I decided to see what it might take to effect a change in the GOP from the grass roots. I went to the county party meetings. I got myself elected as a district chairperson. I got myself appointed to the platform committee and made several changes to the county platform that strengthened the stated support of gun rights. Some of those changes made their way into the state platform and I even went to the annual state meeting as a delegate.

The experience was NOT pleasant. What I observed was a system run by people who were very much intent on injecting religion into government to every extent possible, and that was the primary objective for many of them. I observed “leaders” in the party who would ignore the written GOP platform AND the COTUS if it meant more “law and order”, so-called patriotism and furthered the interests of the Chamber of Commerce (the secondary objective), along with a heaping dose of sanctimony. Other than the one other poor schlep who was there for the same reasons I was, these were people I wouldn’t want to spend any more time around than necessary. Now if it was that bad being around Republicans who at least pretended to conservative patriots, imagine how bad it would be with Democrats who don't!

Even if I was retired and had all the time in the world, I’m not sure I could tolerate that much BS in my life again. So I think you and I may think a lot more alike than not. My defense of Trump has less than nothing to do with my opinion of the man, which is actually pretty dim. It has everything to do with who he’s not, which is one of “them”. So whether it’s DJT or Kid Rock or some wino from under an overpass, I’d pretty much side with anyone who isn’t one of them. Those people are going to make tomorrow and all the days after that even worse than the days they’ve darkened since Ronnie Ray Gun was in the WH. We haven’t yet begun to see how dark they can make it. :(

I believe I can lay claim to being that one other poor schlep. It was a pretty disillusioning event. It was a dog & pony show. Actually circus might be even better. One thing I despise is formal "business" meetings where you spend the entire meeting going over what you went over before, which was a repetition of whatever you went over the time before that. I've never been in an actual meeting in a business where it followed that much wasted time format.

It was an entire day spent rehashing the status quo, and no real change. IE: reducing costs in order to balance budget and reduce tax burden, and support of civil rights.

I'm just about as religious as it gets - in my personal life. I am far more libertarian in my societal/government views.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You still haven't learned to use the Internet yet have you?
You gloss over the real facts that he was anti 2A, and pushed that agenda during his entire term, but his democrat congress wouldn't go along.
Continue to dream on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, please explain why no EO's? No congress needed.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe I can lay claim to being that one other poor schlep. It was a pretty disillusioning event. It was a dog & pony show. Actually circus might be even better. One thing I despise is formal "business" meetings where you spend the entire meeting going over what you went over before, which was a repetition of whatever you went over the time before that. I've never been in an actual meeting in a business where it followed that much wasted time format.

It was an entire day spent rehashing the status quo, and no real change. IE: reducing costs in order to balance budget and reduce tax burden, and support of civil rights.

I'm just about as religious as it gets - in my personal life. I am far more libertarian in my societal/government views.

That was you? LOL, small world! :)

I feel the exact same way about religion and politics. I believe it's perfectly OK to have religion as a primary focus in your life and express those beliefs as a community standard through church and personal interactions. I find it abhorrent to attempt forcing those beliefs on anyone through the use of force or imposed laws.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
That was you? LOL, small world! :)

I feel the exact same way about religion and politics. I believe it's perfectly OK to have religion as a primary focus in your life and express those beliefs as a community standard through church and personal interactions. I find it abhorrent to attempt forcing those beliefs on anyone through the use of force or imposed laws.

I know that was why I was there, and I know I met up with you for a few minutes. I was representing Muskogee County at the time... gladly not there anymore!

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Absolutely not! :)

You may or may not know this, but a few years back I decided to see what it might take to effect a change in the GOP from the grass roots. I went to the county party meetings. I got myself elected as a district chairperson. I got myself appointed to the platform committee and made several changes to the county platform that strengthened the stated support of gun rights. Some of those changes made their way into the state platform and I even went to the annual state meeting as a delegate.

The experience was NOT pleasant. What I observed was a system run by people who were very much intent on injecting religion into government to every extent possible, and that was the primary objective for many of them. I observed “leaders” in the party who would ignore the written GOP platform AND the COTUS if it meant more “law and order”, so-called patriotism and furthered the interests of the Chamber of Commerce (the secondary objective), along with a heaping dose of sanctimony. Other than the one other poor schlep who was there for the same reasons I was, these were people I wouldn’t want to spend any more time around than necessary. Now if it was that bad being around Republicans who at least pretended to conservative patriots, imagine how bad it would be with Democrats who don't!

Even if I was retired and had all the time in the world, I’m not sure I could tolerate that much BS in my life again. So I think you and I may think a lot more alike than not. My defense of Trump has less than nothing to do with my opinion of the man, which is actually pretty dim. It has everything to do with who he’s not, which is one of “them”. So whether it’s DJT or Kid Rock or some wino from under an overpass, I’d pretty much side with anyone who isn’t one of them. Those people are going to make tomorrow and all the days after that even worse than the days they’ve darkened since Ronnie Ray Gun was in the WH. We haven’t yet begun to see how dark they can make it. :(

You don't think Trump is one of "them"? It's hard to fathom how you could be more wrong. He's absolutely one of the "them". He's as much a part of the political machine that runs this county as any elected politician. Actually, that's not true. He's more so due to the fact he's rich and contributes. It's the Trumps of the world that actually hold and use the real political power.

Latest posts

Top Bottom