Game cam pics help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Are they killing calves?

I don't know what got it. It's unusual to lose a larger calf around this time to pneumonia. When I found it, it was 2 days dead and couldn't tell. I got another one alot smaller I'm looking for now. I found some neighbors dogs tho. Getting nervous.
Could be a million things killed it. Neighbor had one shot not but a few yrs ago he said.

Last edited:

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they vaccinated with a good black leg vaccine ? Could have bloated as well. Lots of things can happen to calves and we see more pneumonia/respiratory problems with calves this time of year. The temp swings are hard on their immune systems.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Where they vaccinated with a good black leg vaccine ? Could have bloated as well. Lots of things can happen to calves and we see more pneumonia/respiratory problems with calves this time of year. The temp swings are hard on their immune systems.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.
Yeah with covexin 8 which is excellent. I doubt bloat because we haven't had green enough grass but who knows. Temps did swing bit a little then but I seen him playin 3-4 days before I found him. But he could have been done in. I just can't believe he got a broke leg and left behind to the scavengers. There is always mommas staying back with the calves. I got good babysitter heifers too.

I found the other little one he came out of the brush when I fed cake up in the open just now. I been worried. I also found a dead skunk stomped where the cows bed down last night, I guess one of them didn't like perfume?

Latest posts

Top Bottom