Game processing in Norman/Moore/south side area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one I've usually heard mentioned is Thunderbird Custom Meat Processing at 156th and Highway 9 in Norman, just southeast of the Dirtybird dam's spillway. I can't say I've ever used them, and I have no idea how busy they are.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thunderbird - they may be full, that's what I've heard
Nowakowski - harrah under the grain silo where 23rd and Harrah road intersect.
Terry's taxidermy - reno and council?

Those are the only ones i know of in the metro. There's a place in Guthrie too.

antkiller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used thunderbird a couple time to process domestic hogs and a cow they were fine except I didn’t care for their sausage flavoring and the hams were not to my liking either. They said they been having issues with smoker (after the fact of course). Rogers I have used them in a pinch and if I recall not to expensive but not sure I actually got what I shot. I brought it up to them ( had a big deer and they gave me not as much as I thought I should have) and they said just grab another tray so either I get shorted or the next guy does. Have also used the Guthrie place and they were good but when they are full you have to go somewhere else and they fill up quickly. The place in Harrah has changed hands several times since I last used them, to bad as they used to have some of the best sausage. Most of our farm beef is done in Altus (Quartz View Meat Co) and they are fine to if you are that way. I normally just do it myself with my hunting buddy or kids and much prefer it though I don’t have a commercial quality vacuum packer. YMMV

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen. I spoke to Rogers and they have a spot for me. I’ll be mindful of the warning on quantity - in my case, a yearling doe, fat doe and a spike Buck should process out to 100 -120 lbs of meat or more

I also like handling the processing myself, but just not enough time this go-round.
I guess some would say there is a lesson there. If you don’t have the time or freezer space, let ‘‘em walk on by

the first one of the year was a yearling which I gladly handled myself, - purchased a cheap grinder from Amazon and made everything go smooth.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve often thought about starting my own “custom exempt” meat proceeding side business. Threads like this remind me.

I’ve worked in a butcher shop/kill floor before. Mainly did beef there. I enjoy meat processing. The laws and inspections are way less stringent when you’re custom exempt and not doing retail cuts.

One of these days I’ll build a little shop out here (Tuttle area) with a walk in cooler and a room with a floor drain etc… then I’ll do yalls deer for ya haha

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again I will say this: If you need meat ground I have a dandy grinder and will grind it for free but you must stay here and I will show you how to package it and you supply the packaging.
Plastic wrap and freezer paper and tape.
Or just take the ground meat home in a bucket if you wish.
It can grind an entire deer that is cut up and ready to drop into the grinder in less than 5 minutes.

NO soup from this grinder.
It is a #22. I keep it spotless clean and sanitized if you were wondering.

Latest posts

Top Bottom