Gamers...little help..pros and cons on Xbox-One and PS4.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For some unexplainable reason I absolutely will never play or own an Xbox but the way the PS4 is shaping up I won't be buying one of those either.... for a longgg while at least. When I can buy one for about $250 then I'll consider it. My ps3 is suffcient.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As stated above, if you aren't a huge gamer, stick with your PS3 for now. If you can hold out for 2 more years, there should be a price drop and the "new" systems will have a decent library of games you can better compare. That being said, The PS4 should hold an edge in the graphics department and programming department this gen. It is said a lot of xbone games(at least for now) will run at current gen resolutions; 720p-ish(some are upscaled to 720), whereas ps4 games will utilize 1080p a lot more.

[Broken External Image]

Both Systems have their respective strengths and weaknesses, and after studying the architecture of both for quite a while, I have got to say that I have a lot of respect for the engineers at both Sony, and Microsoft. They have both done a great job at designing their consoles. The Xbox One and Playstation 4 are probably the most similar consoles ever to be released as they both have 8Gb of ram, a 8 core Jaguar CPU, run the same graphics card with modified configurations, and both are capable of compute functions. The Xbox One is stronger on the CPU and Audio side of things, while the Playstation 4 clearly dominates on the other end with a 40% more powerful graphics solution, and more compute engines. It is too early to say how effect the Xbox One's memory set up will be, but the playstation 4's simple setup should make development a bit easier for Independent developers with little experience.

http://www.ign.com/blogs/finalverdi...vs-playstation-4-hardware-and-specifications/

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll lean over the the XboxOne when if the 360 ever kicks rocks... But I will wait until after they resolve whatever issues will eventually pop up in the Gen1 series. Never buy first run

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As stated above, if you aren't a huge gamer, stick with your PS3 for now. If you can hold out for 2 more years, there should be a price drop and the "new" systems will have a decent library of games you can better compare. That being said, The PS4 should hold an edge in the graphics department and programming department this gen. It is said a lot of xbone games(at least for now) will run at current gen resolutions; 720p-ish(some are upscaled to 720), whereas ps4 games will utilize 1080p a lot more.

[Broken External Image]

http://www.ign.com/blogs/finalverdi...vs-playstation-4-hardware-and-specifications/

ahhh, something I can understand! thanks Cdude...

Latest posts

Top Bottom