XBOX ONE....please explain/help...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You all know how much I like watching my Houston Texans...win/lose/draw.

Two years ago I used the NFL Sunday Ticket on my Sony PS3...very good...liked it.

Last year Sony lost the NFL rights to Microsoft/XBOX ONE....so the only way to watch was Directv,,I went through Directv-online...and instead of my computer screen, I purchased a big flat screen and connected it to the computer....all was good.

This year; I keep hearing how cool and how the XBOX ONE has a lot of functions for the Sunday NFL Ticket..NFL Draft Day, NFL.com, NFL Network, NFL Fantasy, Personalize it for your favorite team, and some other stuff.

Okay ..sounds good, I'm in!!!

Now I start figuring up what I need to buy and how to obtain the Sunday NFL Ticket through XBOX/Microsoft.

What I need list: I didn't purchase anything yet...until I talk to an XBOX rep.

XBOX ONE.

XBOX Live...some sort of purchase to get on the internet.

XBOX ONE App....need to call and ask about that.

Sooooooooo, I call Microsoft and talk to a rep.....not good.

1st. If I understood him correctly, you need to have a provider with the Sunday NFL Ticket first.
Cox Cable doesn't offer that and my wife keeps saying that Directv goes out on storms and clouds...plus we have the Cox Bundle....Wife: "Don't jack anything up, it works just fine and dandy"!!!

2nd. So,Cox doesn't offer that(NFL Sunday ticket) and NO- to Directv...so...NO XBOX ONE.

3rd. I asked the Microsoft rep...if I did have Directv how much would the XBOX App for the NFL Ticket be?
He didn't know and after being on hold for a while for him to ask...he came back and didn't know how much and when they'll offer it.

Is it me or is XBOX/Microsoft confused on their own product...or was it just that rep??!!

So, bottom line, I'll get better computer speakers and go online through Directv and just purchase the NFL Ticket.

So much for XBOX ONE.

Go Texans!!!

4.bp.blogspot.com__iW2p7oXrlfs_T94zbDIGAfI_AAAAAAAAADk_EpJXntOVM60_s1600_Cushing_Bleeding_Browns.jpg

[Broken External Image]

gridironexperts.com_wp_content_uploads_2011_05_houston_texans_cheerleaders_164_779315.jpg

pb2624

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of these days the NFL will pull their head out and offer the NFL Ticket to all providers, until then their not get a dime from me as I refuse to put up one of those ugly dishes.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't watch the NFL Soni don't worry about it I have a ps4 and it is great. Microsoft is crooked. They tried to screw their customers before the one was released. And when people thew a fit they changed their mind. Not a very good thing to do to your loyal customers. I have always been a Sony guy. Psone to ps2-ps3 and now the 4. And I have dish. But I agree with the above post, they should offer it to everyone.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you have to use a video game to watch a football game?

Cable is messed up. I had to spend an hour blocking the hundred sports channels that we don't watch, don't want and are forced to pay for just to get the few non-sports channels we did want. The cable companies having been screwing over subscribers from the beginning and we just let them. I know there have been several attempts to force fair billing from cable/satellite companies but they pay off politicians and it never goes anywhere.

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do NOT get the Xbox One it is a load of crap that is spit shined to look nice. There is absolutely no reason to get one when:

1) Most if not all games are available on PC
2) You have to pay for Xbox Live before being able to use ANY of the Online features (or so last I heard)
3) It is $100 more than the PS4 just because of the PoS Kinect that no one ever uses
4) Microsoft has a huge tendency to rush products out the door unfinished so who knows what issues may lie when buying one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom