EOTECH Just Made My S**T List

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is related to a 21.00 purchase on a replacement part for a reflex sight I've had for a long time. After talking with "customer service" I purchased a part off their website then, after it arrived a few days ago, I found out it wouldn't work for my device. Although I was mildly upset I figured no big deal, I'll just return it and get a refund or, hopefully, be directed to the correct part, which didn't seem likely since I'd already been told this was the only part available.

After looking at the website and not finding a way to return anything other than the actual optics I called EOTECH, but after being stuck on eternal hold I gave up and emailed them (with all the details) instead. I received a response about an hour later saying ONLY that they no longer support my device and therefore, they didn't have any parts available that I could purchase. I responded and told them the only reason I bought the part I received was because the person I spoke with told me it would work, then I asked what I needed to do to send it back and get a refund.

This was met with a response from the "customer service/support rep telling me that all "web sales are final" and there was no way to get a refund, but they would gladly allow me to return the whole reflex sight and give me a discount on a specific selection of their new products. I, once again, replied and told him that I only purchased the part after being told by one of their customer support people that it was what I needed AND there was nothing on their website indicating that there was a "no return policy on parts purchased off their website" the only exception I saw being if the part/device had been discontinued, which is not the case here. I received no reply even after waiting much longer than I wanted.

As you can imagine by this time I'm getting really pissed off so I emailed the rep again and asked him if they really wanted to go down this road. I asked him if it was worth losing a customer, getting bad reviews and have me tell everyone I know about my, very poor, experience with EOTECH, all over a 21.00 purchase. After getting no response I called, waited until someone finally answered the phone and asked to speak to a supervisor which was followed with me having to explain why (not something I wanted to do or felt that I should be required to do) before they would connect my call to a supervisor. Nevertheless, I provided an explanation and was then placed on hold where I sat until my call was disconnected. That was my last attempt to try to rectify the problem with EOTECH, my next call went to my credit card company where I explained the problem and disputed the purchase. I'll let EOTECH deal with them now and have no doubt, I will never, ever, purchase any of their products again and I advise anyone here considering buying something from them to steer clear and check out another product line, like maybe Holosun where I will probably buy my next reflex sight .

I attached EOTECH's return policy so you can see it for yourselves without having to go to their website.

Rant over...

Screenshot 2023-06-28 093022.png
Screenshot 2023-06-28 094145.png

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is related to a 21.00 purchase on a replacement part for a reflex sight I've had for a long time. After talking with "customer service" I purchased a part off their website then, after it arrived a few days ago, I found out it wouldn't work for my device. Although I was mildly upset I figured no big deal, I'll just return it and get a refund or, hopefully, be directed to the correct part, which didn't seem likely since I'd already been told this was the only part available.

After looking at the website and not finding a way to return anything other than the actual optics I called EOTECH, but after being stuck on eternal hold I gave up and emailed them (with all the details) instead. I received a response about an hour later saying ONLY that they no longer support my device and therefore, they didn't have any parts available that I could purchase. I responded and told them the only reason I bought the part I received was because the person I spoke with told me it would work, then I asked what I needed to do to send it back and get a refund.

This was met with a response from the "customer service/support rep telling me that all "web sales are final" and there was no way to get a refund, but they would gladly allow me to return the whole reflex sight and give me a discount on a specific selection of their new products. I, once again, replied and told him that I only purchased the part after being told by one of their customer support people that it was what I needed AND there was nothing on their website indicating that there was a "no return policy on parts purchased off their website" the only exception I saw being if the part/device had been discontinued, which is not the case here. I received no reply even after waiting much longer than I wanted.

As you can imagine by this time I'm getting really pissed off so I emailed the rep again and asked him if they really wanted to go down this road. I asked him if it was worth losing a customer, getting bad reviews and have me tell everyone I know about my, very poor, experience with EOTECH, all over a 21.00 purchase. After getting no response I called, waited until someone finally answered the phone and asked to speak to a supervisor which was followed with me having to explain why (not something I wanted to do or felt that I should be required to do) before they would connect my call to a supervisor. Nevertheless, I provided an explanation and was then placed on hold where I sat until my call was disconnected. That was my last attempt to try to rectify the problem with EOTECH, my next call went to my credit card company where I explained the problem and disputed the purchase. I'll let EOTECH deal with them now and have no doubt, I will never, ever, purchase any of their products again and I advise anyone here considering buying something from them to steer clear and check out another product line, like maybe Holosun where I will probably buy my next reflex sight .

I attached EOTECH's return policy so you can see it for yourselves without having to go to their website.

Rant over...

View attachment 388449View attachment 388450
I haven’t delt with the EOTECH company but I have owned their red dots in the past. Never really fell in love with their optics. Sold them off. Go with an Aimpoint. Haven’t had to deal with their company either but I’ve never had an issue with any of the generations that’s I’ve owned. Good stuff.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry this happened to you. Sounds frustrating and aggravating.

Me personally: I would never let $21 upset me. My time and life are too valuable. I’d just note the occurrence, throw it in a drawer or list it here.
It's not the twenty-one bucks that bothers me, the money isn't gonna make or break me, it's getting screwed over that I won't sit still for. Guess I'm just not as willing to blow it off as you are. Don't misunderstand me though, I'm not saying you're way is wrong and I'm right, just that we apparently have different ways of dealing with certain things.

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
The sell military contracts, I am pretty sure that's where the majority of their money comes from, and the majority of their effort that they put into the business. They aren't gonna be too worried about an angry google review.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The sell military contracts, I am pretty sure that's where the majority of their money comes from, and the majority of their effort that they put into the business. They aren't gonna be too worried about an angry google review.
Well that's their problem then isn't it. Military contracts, especially considering the way the current administration looks at things and is moving forward, can go away as quickly as they appeared. So whether or not an "angry google review" bothers them now or not it may very well in the future, especially if they keep adding up.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well that's their problem then isn't it. Military contracts, especially considering the way the current administration looks at things and is moving forward, can go away as quickly as they appeared. So whether or not an "angry google review" bothers them now or not it may very well in the future, especially if they keep adding up.

I know a 31 yo (not currently in service) marine. He said he’d never own anything that advertised itself as military grade. Said he and most of his guys bought their own s***. Something something about not putting their lives in the hands of the lowest bid.

YMMV

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know a 31 yo (not currently in service) marine. He said he’d never own anything that advertised itself as military grade. Said he and most of his guys bought their own s***. Something something about not putting their lives in the hands of the lowest bid.

YMMV
Makes perfect sense...

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not the twenty-one bucks that bothers me, the money isn't gonna make or break me, it's getting screwed over that I won't sit still for. Guess I'm just not as willing to blow it off as you are. Don't misunderstand me though, I'm not saying you're way is wrong and I'm right, just that we apparently have different ways of dealing with certain things.
I had an experience with a DVR company called Nightowl I bought from SAMS Club. I also bought the extended warranty. That warranty never went into effect because the machine crapped out within three months into their one year warranty, I went round and round with their tech support which i couldn't understand half of the time for months.

They were giving me the song and dance about I didn't install it correctly. and I should only have the devices plugged into a wall outlet, not a power strip/ surge suppressor. I told them I was a manager senior service technician for 20 years and have installed and serviced more expensive systems than theirs and had no problems because of the quality difference. They proposed several times to have their technician call me at a specified time and day but they never called.

I finally called the BBB and they jumped on their ass..

They insisted I was the only person having this problem with two units, my original and a replacement, which had the same problem. I now have a third after much hassle and less hair. We will see.
My advice is to send the BBB a complaint. You can do it easily online. Be sure to watch your email for a response from the BBB because the password code they send to you to get to the response is time sensitive and will expire quickly which allows the BBB to crapfile your complaint because you didn't respond.

-------------

Timeline​

1. Complaint is filed.
  2. BBB works to get the complaint processed within two business days.
  3. Business will be asked to respond in 14 calendar days from the date you filed the complaint. If a response is not received, a follow-up letter will be sent to the business.
  4. Consumer will be notified of the business response when the BBB receives it and will be asked to respond.
  5. If the business fails to respond, the consumer will be notified. Complaints are generally closed within approximately 30 calendar days from the date filed.
If the business responds to a complaint but the customer remains dissatisfied, BBB may request a second response from the business. BBB staff will also consider whether mediation or arbitration should be offered. Dispute Resolution services vary by region. Please contact your local BBB office for details on the programs offered.

Once a complaint is closed, BBB will assign one of the following closing statuses:

1. Resolved = The complainant verified the issue was resolved to their satisfaction.
  2. Answered = The business addressed the issues within the complaint, but the consumer either (a) did not accept the response, OR (b) did not notify BBB as to their satisfaction.
  3. Unresolved = The business responded to the dispute but failed to make a good faith effort to resolve it.
  4. Unanswered = The business failed to respond to the dispute.
  5. Unpursuable = BBB is unable to locate the business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom