How much below MSRP should one expect to buy a new Pick-up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw this today.

IMG_8036.jpeg
IMG_8037.jpeg

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I help buy cars for my family and some of my friends. This is what I tell them now.
1. Shop online. Print, or screen shot the online prices and call them to commit to that price on the phone.
Don't go to the lot to look. Make them work to get you to the lot and stand firm on what you will pay.

2. Don't tell them that you plan on trading in. Wait and tell them after the price is firm on the truck.
Get buy offers on your trade, before you go. Carmax, Carvana, others. Make them at least match, or don't let them have it.

3. Do not tell them that you have a down payment, or how much. They don't need to know until it's time to make the actual transaction.

4. When they ask you about financing, just tell them that you are not worried about that, just want the price of the truck.

5. Don't give them your SS#, or let them do a credit check. No, they don't have to.

6. Make sure that you have your own bank financing lined up. Make them beat your bank. Most dealerships will add 2% to the interest rate to make even more money off of you. This is why you do not talk financing.

You can take this or leave it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom