I Need a Truck...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3 or 4 days ago. I don't know if they have ethanol blend gas or if it is all 100% gas.
Snapchat-1151842334.jpg

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am very curious as I do not do new expensive stuff.
That F250 6.7 L you mentioned too much to fuel it and tires etc were costly.

Can you fill me in on what MPG it got?
And elaborate on this.
too expensive to drive, buy tires for it, maintain it, etc..

Was it an older truck falling apart or something?

I assume you live on a muddy road somewhere and that is why you need 4X4?

It probably averaged between 16 and 17 mpg around town or on the highway...didn't really seem to matter. Of course it dropped off a bit if towing something. Fuel is more costly than gas. Buying 10 ply tires for a heavier truck is far more costly than lighter tires for a 1/2 ton. Oil changes and other maintenance is more expensive. It just is. Insurance is more expensive.

And no, it wasn't falling apart. It was in immaculate condition cosmetically and mechanically because I take care of my stuff. And it pays off when it's time to sell. That's the upside of a low-mile truck...they hold their value tremendously well. That's why they paid me about 99% of the original sticker price after 6 years. No one was gonna pay me that kind of money for this truck in another year or two. I decided to take advantage of a very favorable market for what I had because it made sense, financially, to do so.

I could probably get by without 4WD. But I don't have to. The F250 would hardly move on wet grass or even just a little snow. Throw in the hills on our property and forget it. It ain't going nowhere in 2WD

I don't need a heavy hauler truck any more. That's the bottom line. So I sold mine. I'll buy something smaller, lighter and less expensive and still have a pile of cash in my pocket. That cash is gonna help us do things to our place we couldn't otherwise do.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gas around here is about 30 to 35 cents less than diesel. It's right around $3 gal and diesel varies greatly from $3.35 to $3.69 in some places.

Diesel almost always costs more than gas and the price seems to vary a lot more than gas. I haven't had a gas truck for over 10 years...I've almost always paid more for diesel. But I've always had a use for a diesel. I don't any more and a 1/2 ton will easily tow anything I have that needs towing now.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone that I know that sells there diesel or buys a half ton ends up regretting it first time they need to pull a trailer. I sold a diesel once and bought a V-10 because it was "cheaper" and I didn't need a diesel. Worst mistake I ever made, I cussed that truck everyday til I went and traded it in on another diesel because nobody would buy the damn thing.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone that I know that sells there diesel or buys a half ton ends up regretting it first time they need to pull a trailer. I sold a diesel once and bought a V-10 because it was "cheaper" and I didn't need a diesel. Worst mistake I ever made, I cussed that truck everyday til I went and traded it in on another diesel because nobody would buy the damn thing.
V-10

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drive gas powered because they are about 10 k cheaper to buy and services are cheaper. If a gasser is geared right It will do just about anything a diesel will. I have lived in the mountains and in the flat lands. Pulled some very large trailers with gas and with diesels. Mine resale very well because they are well taken care of.

Latest posts

Top Bottom