How much below MSRP should one expect to buy a new Pick-up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There WAS a time when 20% below sticker was a good deal. I have gotten very near to 25%. Now, is not time.

Unpopular models, you may get under sticker a little.

Granddaughter and her husband wanted a new car. One salesman told, "go look, add $5k to sticker and if you want it, come inside."

Things had improved slightly, but the BS strike has killed supplies, again.

You might find an import, but price will be non-negotiable on any make.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I was buying and had the luxury, I'd wait until December. Industry analysts and youtuber's are saying the market is very ill, many loans average $700 per month, and are 125% loan to value, there is going to be a reconning soon.

Check this out:

Another youtuber who is worth watching are these two guys:

You may see what the car edge guys have to say before visiting a dealership. Also point being there may be deals to be had if you can wait and are paying cash or have good credit...

Last edited:

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just ordered a new F150 in September and was surprised they only charged MSRP and not higher which I would not have paid. I figured they wouldn't budge since it was a special order and they didn't and that was as high as I was willing to go. I do have an opportunity to take advantage of any factory rebates that may be around when it is delivered but I am highly doubtful that any of those are available.

I was satisfied with the price but was hoping for a little more bargaining.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the immediate market is bad due to the strikes. Dealers are going to take advantage of that, and some dealers have still not recovered on the lot inventory from the pandemic.

One key indicator on how hard you should bargain is days on the lot. If the dealer has been paying finance charges on it for a while, they're going to be more motivated to sell.

https://jalopnik.com/these-are-the-new-cars-sit-on-dealer-lots-the-longest-1850938785
Clickbait repellent:
  1. BMW iX - 131 Days Sitting On Lots
  2. GMC Yukon - 127 Days Sitting On Lots
  3. Buick Encore GX - 120 Days Sitting On Lots
  4. Audi A4 - 115 Days Sitting On Lots
  5. BMW X7 - 110 Days Sitting On Lots
  6. Jaguar F-Type - 105 Days Sitting On Lots
  7. Mini Countryman - 105 Days Sitting On Lots
  8. BMW X2 - 105 Days Sitting On Lots
  9. GMC Terrain - 102 Days Sitting On Lots
  10. Alfa Romeo Giulia - 99 Days Sitting On Lots

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just FYI.
Ford did not strike its F150 plants.
They kept coming off the assembly line right through the strike (which recently ended).
If you’re looking for one of those for replacement of your current F150, I don’t think the strike will affect what you are going to pay.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Say what you will, but UAW are on strike for higher pay and more benefits and they recently received a huge pay increase and even more in the next few years.
With that, I suspect that prices are going to continue to go up on vehicles to the point the average person can't afford to buy one in a few years. Even a new Corolla top of the line is cliose to $30,000.

Latest posts

Top Bottom