garage sales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I need to go with you some day so I can observe your haggling skills.

A few months ago I manage to snag the other half a Hoyt Bow for $75, which apparently was a pretty sweet deal. I just figured hey I bet he'd like this.

Gotta be careful hangin out with me on garage sale days. Ive come home with Mosins to Windmills, and once bought 25 parakeets(dont ask)....never bought half a bow though.

Im ready when you are.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
How can you say something like that and expect me NOT to ask?!?!!?! :disappoin

So ... what's the story with the parakeets??

Bought 25 @ $2 ea. Had this great idea id sell em for $10 each. Got home, putt em in a rabbit cage. Next mornin 5 dead and bout 10 missing.....kept a couple, gave rest to neices. The couple I kept were nastiest things ever so they "got away".

Wife still gives me orders...NO Birds, puppies, snakes, turtles, aqauriums or windmills. NOTHING alive.

Oh and no more clothes ir shoes for her unless she is there to pick em out. Seems she doesnt like my taste in her clothes.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Set your highest bid and stick to it.

That's the way it goes. I've picked up tillage equipment that cost thousands new for $100. Might need a little work, but I'm not against work. I've seen some stuff go so high that I couldn't believe it. Some just get into the frenzy of the bid, and can't stop themselves.

Guns being the main example. I was at a farm auction a couple of years ago, when they had one Henry Golden Boy lever gun .22LR in with the lot.

Grandpa had his grandson there, and they kept fondling the gun. When it came up, he won the bid. $1100 bucks. A guy walked up to him during the bidding and showed him new price on his smart phone, but he kept bidding.

Told my kids that when I die, if they don't want my guns, to sell them at auction. Biggest bang for the buck.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I dig auctions too. Last one I bought a lot of shovels, rakes, hoes and a 1950s boy scout ax, with a leather cover, never sharpened or used for $12.

8 years ago I bought a mobile home for $200. Sold axles n frame for 500, little bro striped off aluminum n copper n fixtures...said he made a grand.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
8 years ago I bought a mobile home for $200. Sold axles n frame for 500, little bro striped off aluminum n copper n fixtures...said he made a grand.

I've got another one you are welcome to come get for free, Lurker (or anyone else). The previous owner of the house I bought used it as a work shop for a stained glass business and it's just in the way now.

Disclaimer: It has to leave my property in one piece and no, I won't be helping.

Latest posts

Top Bottom