garage sales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought 25 @ $2 ea. Had this great idea id sell em for $10 each. Got home, putt em in a rabbit cage. Next mornin 5 dead and bout 10 missing.....kept a couple, gave rest to neices. The couple I kept were nastiest things ever so they "got away".

Wife still gives me orders...NO Birds, puppies, snakes, turtles, aqauriums or windmills. NOTHING alive.

Oh and no more clothes ir shoes for her unless she is there to pick em out. Seems she doesnt like my taste in her clothes.

Yep, parakeets are as nasty as chickens only smaller.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've got another one you are welcome to come get for free, Lurker (or anyone else). The previous owner of the house I bought used it as a work shop for a stained glass business and it's just in the way now.

Disclaimer: It has to leave my property in one piece and no, I won't be helping.

Way more work than its worth....for me. Plus my shi+t bird brother is in Jail.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys have all the luck. The only stuff I see at garage sales are secondhand clothes of questionable fashion, broken Walmart toys, and cheap shower fixtures with peeling chrome.

audiotech

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
found a nice shape mossberg 500 with a pistol grip at this garage sale once for $100, still one of my best pickups. usually it's a right time/place sort of thing, and will have to frequent many before finding anything you might really want. along with estate sales, kind of a fun way to spend some extra time on the weekends (if you have any).

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to an auction where several guns were. An old gentleman told me he was looking for a 'truck gun 12ga'.

A couple of rifles go by and out comes this Savage 12ga. 3" pump. I tell him, "there you go."

"Nope that gun is too good."

Auctioneer is trying to get an opening bid and nobody is biting. I finally bid $40 and win it. wooooooo hooooooo

Another rifle and then this beat to hell H&R single shot. Old man starts bidding. I tell him he can get a new one at Wally world for $100. He don't want a new one, he was ts a 'truck gun'. Ends up with the gun for $165.

I LOVE auction.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FYI - my son is an exterminator.....he has cautioned everyone who will listen about buying clothing, pillows, furniture, etc...at garage sales. (cookware, guns etc...are ok)

Bedbugs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom