Getting rifle scope on target

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is probably the best way to do it if you have a rock solid rest. I usually bore sight it and it gets me on paper at 100 and i use targets with 1" squares so just one adjustment usually gets me where I need to be. But your way is truly the best way. Especially if you have a scope that does not track correctly.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I can look through the barrel then that is my preferred boresighting method. I haven't had good luck with lasers. I can usually get one within a few inches at looking at a 4" circle at 100yds. I have a 16" wide by 32" tall 1/2" thick piece of "dozer bellypan" that I use for initial sight ins.

vearl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Others may do it this way ..there are many ways to do it but here is mine.

25 yards or 50 yards if the paper is large enough to see where the bullet landed.

Shoot at the center of the target (bullseye). Shoot 1 more time to make sure it groups well, aim at the same spot.
Notice where the bullets hit said target.
If both are in the same spot but not in the bullseye then secure the gun in a rest.
Or hold it as sturdy and still as you can and have the aim point at the bullseye.

Now adjust the scope so the crosshairs move to your bullet holes, without moving the gun.
Now that you have done that shoot it at 100 yards and repeat.
3 shots should get you into the bullseye at 100 yards.

Depending on how steady you can secure the gun while adjusting the scope.
No flinching during the shots :)

THAT IS HOW I DO IT. 26166522_1772286143076076_4880250783947915157_n.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom