Giddy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Through a series of unfortunate events this spring, it looks like this will be the first Halloween I've gotten to spend at home in over 2 decades. Not only am I looking forward to some cool crisp weather, I'm hoping for some trick or treaters! Is that still a thing or am I stocking up on candy and decorations for no reason? Don't tell the wife, I've ordered a couple more inflatables for the yard. Shhhh.

Attachments

• 20210829_061044.jpg
    20210829_061044.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 20210829_061635.jpg
    20210829_061635.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 66

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
It varies. Last year with all the virus scare I was surprised we had as many as we did. The year before we only had 12-15 so my didn’t buy much candy for last year. It’s a good thing I picked up an extra bag. I really like seeing the young kids like toddler age having fun on a night that we looked forward to when we were young.
We’re in a brand new neighborhood with very few kids and I’m kinda bummed about that.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It varies. Last year with all the virus scare I was surprised we had as many as we did. The year before we only had 12-15 so my didn’t buy much candy for last year. It’s a good thing I picked up an extra bag. I really like seeing the young kids like toddler age having fun on a night that we looked forward to when we were young.
We’re in a brand new neighborhood with very few kids and I’m kinda bummed about that.
It seems silly to limit an outdoor activity. I know there are plenty of school age kids in this neighborhood, we moved into it 3 years ago and they attend the school my wife teaches at. Maybe you'll get some kids brought in by their parents this year.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because of the ice storm we had a generator and were the only ones in our area that had electricity. The entire street was dark. People had seen me outside for weeks setting up the Halloween stuff and stopped by asking if I would be hosting kids. I showed them my candy delivery system which was a wooden box with candy in it on pulleys and a rope. A screaming witch took it down the rope. I had a pop up ghost out of a big whiskey barrel and my garage decoration and some other stuff. The parents heard about my display via word-of-mouth and over the Nextdoor app. I will estimate we had about 50 cars.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because of the ice storm we had a generator and were the only ones in our area that had electricity. The entire street was dark. People had seen me outside for weeks setting up the Halloween stuff and stopped by asking if I would be hosting kids. I showed them my candy delivery system which was a wooden box with candy in it on pulleys and a rope. A screaming witch took it down the rope. I had a pop up ghost out of a big whiskey barrel and my garage decoration and some other stuff. The parents heard about my display via word-of-mouth and over the Nextdoor app. I will estimate we had about 50 cars.
That's awesome!

Latest posts

Top Bottom