Glock 17/19 MOS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fade2blue

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What distance are you zeroring your red dot reticle? Are you you cowitnessing the iron sights or holding an offset to keep the dot centered in the window?

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have an astigmatism? That could be an issue you run into. If the red dot is blurry the EOTech style reticle in like a Holosun 507 is usually a bit better for people.

If you get a Glock MOS gun it wont co-witness from the factory. The plate mounting system they use mounts the optic slightly higher than normal. Think most seem to run suppressor height sights for a co-witnes.

The Glock MOS system has been known to be less than reliable. The mounting plates that come with the gun can be less than stellar. Several companies make better plates such as CHPWS is probably the most popular.

Best most solid option is getting a regular Glock and having the slide machined for the optic you want.

Sage Dynamics on YT has a ton of videos on running a red dot on a pistol and is pretty good for info.

ZacharyMartin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Red dots on pistols is the way.

I would personally suggest not going the MOS route and just getting a standard Glock and “milling” the slide to match for a certain red dot sight. I say this because I have heard many horror stories regarding the MOS platform and the adapter plates breaking, coming loose, etc.

Basically you send your slide and red dot to a machinist (I used namelessarms.com) and they will mill the slide to fit your dot perfectly. Much more sturdy.

I personally have used the Holosuns (507c and 507c acss). They are reliable and middle of the road in pricing.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just installed a factory Glock extended magazine release.

875454E7-29A2-4CB2-8A23-CA51C78FD877.jpeg