Glock 23 vs 27

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I first got to this theater, as a new operator, we were primarily carrying 27's as they are easier to conceal for most of the operators than the 23's. But as in most specialized units, the Quail Springs 1 Team was given a great degree of latitude in individual handgun selection. Our Weapons Expert, MDP, carries 6 different handguns, all concealed and among them is at least one 23 and one 27. The Lead Segway Man, Infowarrebel, goes with pretty much the same lead-out, especially around the holidays as those pesky little crumb-snatchers and their Soccer Mom mothers can get pretty damn rough in the mall...let me tell you , the things I could tell; show...it's damn scary. Good thing we were all trained by the Mall Master hisself; Pisson10.

Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But, word on the street, (at least amongst us covert, cloak and dagger types), is that the dangerous Pisson has given up the famed elephant-killer cartridge, the .40S&W, and now armed himself with a super-tactical, one-of-a-kind FDE Glock 19! Egad! The man is deadly; he's deadly I tell ya. :eek2:

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But, word on the street, (at least amongst us covert, cloak and dagger types), is that the dangerous Pisson has given up the famed elephant-killer cartridge, the .40S&W, and now armed himself with a super-tactical, one-of-a-kind FDE Glock 19! Egad! The man is deadly; he's deadly I tell ya. :eek2:

Wrong again buddy. Still got the elephant stopper!!

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_12_06_b47bdddc0a8c8074ff23706191f0c8c5.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417917000.239763.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417917000.239763.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 127

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank the Good Lord; you never know when we'll be charged by an out of control pachyderm when we are at the range!

Sent from my iPhone

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You mention home defense (HD) as primary use. IMO the 27 is primarily a "must conceal" choice. Its not my first pick for HD but when one was my primary carry it was a HD due to my familiarity with it.

The 23 is a do-all; conceal carry, HD, etc. It has a light rail which is a handy thing for a HD gun to have.

A 22 would be a good choice for HD unless the user(s) have smallish hands, thus the need for the 23.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ended up finding a "Police Trade-in" Model 23 for $350 shipped. I went and got it from my FFL this afternoon... gun seems to be in excellent shape... only one mag, but... it came with a pin laser that I was not expecting. Score!

Latest posts

Top Bottom