Glock 43 who's got one??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And now, after having shot the crap out of it, I can say that..me likey! I put 250 rounds through it today, 200 various FMJ and 50 various HP boolets. I tried everything I could to make it malfunction, limp wristing it, gangsta-style, ridin' the slide, you name it. The thing just runs and runs. I found it to be much better in terms of handling than any other mini-nine I have shot; the Shield, the Kahrs, etc. Recoil was no big deal and it is a pretty accurate little piece. I alternated some with my Gen 4 G26 and there was really not much difference in shot placement. The mags are super easy to load. When firing it, I didn't really think the trigger was all that much different than my 26. A little stiffer maybe...but hey stiff is good, right? The reset is a little more positive than my 26. Could be the thinner grip? Anyway, I shot it, cleaned it, and am going to carry it. I have a SHTF IWB and an RM Lowrider already for this gun. The RM Lowrider is one of those IWB rigs with a built in clip-over-the belt gizmo. It is a precise fit and is an easy on and easy off Holster. It rides LOW on the belt. I have bought from RM Holsters before and like the quality of his work for this type of holster. You can get clones off eBay like this, but they are flimsy POS rigs for the most part. Cooks Holsters is another good Kydex maker that makes a single-clip IWB, but IMO the RM Lowrider is perfect. The SHTF is a dual clip hybrid rig that gives a little more stability if you're gonna have it on all day. Maybe. I think so, but don't really know...whatever; I have two holsters for the darn thing anyway and am a holster freak so will probably end up with a few more. I also got the optional belt loops for the SHTF rig. (This is not my first SHTF holster either). I like the belt loops better for all day wear and they don't dig into furniture or car seats so much like the clips do. I need a good IWB leather and want an OWB pancake holster for it too. So at the end of the day, I am pleased with the G43 and am happy I got one.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
6 boolits G43 VS 12 boolits G26................ for what? A tad thinner profile? I don't comprehend.

Why give up half the capacity for a tad thinner profile?

Oh wait, I think I know why.

1. The bad guy will admire the thinner profile and will allow you to wait to load another magazine to continue.
2. When your at the Gun Range, you can always just holler out POW POW POW POW POW POW to simulate a G26 Mag Full.
3. Cause you look good having one, even when you know down deep that the G26 is a superior pistol to it, but hey "You got the latest and greatest though!! Just to bad you cannot stuff a 15 or 17 rounder up its ass or even a 33 rounder up its ass.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
6 boolits G43 VS 12 boolits G26................ for what? A tad thinner profile? I don't comprehend.

1. The bad guy will admire the thinner profile and will allow you to wait to load another magazine to continue.
2. When your at the Gun Range, you can always just holler out POW POW POW POW POW POW to simulate a G26 Mag Full.
3. Cause you look good having one, even when you know down deep that the G26 is a superior pistol to it, but hey "You got the latest and greatest though!! Just to bad you cannot stuff a 15 or 17 rounder up its ass or even a 33 rounder up its ass.

Says the guy the brags about how good his LCP is.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Says the guy the brags about how good his LCP is.

Come on, give me a break! Don't you forget anything? Haaaaaaaaaaaaa! I am trying my hand at satire writing.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I didn't give up the G26. I added the G43. And I don't need one to look good cause I am already good lookin'. And I don't really need more than 7 boolets cause I can hit what I aim at. Not to say I won't still carry the 26 but I sure do like this new 43. My wife even likes it; she's glad I got one rather than a girly gun...like maybe a Ruger LCP.

Sent from my iPhone

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And now, after having shot the crap out of it, I can say that..me likey! I put 250 rounds through it today, 200 various FMJ and 50 various HP boolets. I tried everything I could to make it malfunction, limp wristing it, gangsta-style, ridin' the slide, you name it. The thing just runs and runs. I found it to be much better in terms of handling than any other mini-nine I have shot; the Shield, the Kahrs, etc. Recoil was no big deal and it is a pretty accurate little piece. I alternated some with my Gen 4 G26 and there was really not much difference in shot placement. The mags are super easy to load. When firing it, I didn't really think the trigger was all that much different than my 26. A little stiffer maybe...but hey stiff is good, right? The reset is a little more positive than my 26. Could be the thinner grip? Anyway, I shot it, cleaned it, and am going to carry it. I have a SHTF IWB and an RM Lowrider already for this gun. The RM Lowrider is one of those IWB rigs with a built in clip-over-the belt gizmo. It is a precise fit and is an easy on and easy off Holster. It rides LOW on the belt. I have bought from RM Holsters before and like the quality of his work for this type of holster. You can get clones off eBay like this, but they are flimsy POS rigs for the most part. Cooks Holsters is another good Kydex maker that makes a single-clip IWB, but IMO the RM Lowrider is perfect. The SHTF is a dual clip hybrid rig that gives a little more stability if you're gonna have it on all day. Maybe. I think so, but don't really know...whatever; I have two holsters for the darn thing anyway and am a holster freak so will probably end up with a few more. I also got the optional belt loops for the SHTF rig. (This is not my first SHTF holster either). I like the belt loops better for all day wear and they don't dig into furniture or car seats so much like the clips do. I need a good IWB leather and want an OWB pancake holster for it too. So at the end of the day, I am pleased with the G43 and am happy I got one.

^ PPK for sale...

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I didn't give up the G26. I added the G43. And I don't need one to look good cause I am already good lookin'. And I don't really need more than 7 boolets cause I can hit what I aim at. Not to say I won't still carry the 26 but I sure do like this new 43. My wife even likes it; she's glad I got one rather than a girly gun...like maybe a Ruger LCP.

Sent from my iPhone

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

You exactly right, sort of..

Yes, you sacrifice a lot of capacity, ALOT. What the Glock 43 does have going for it is its thin profile. It makes it more comfortable, a comfortable gun is the gun least likely to get left at home. So while your comparing 10 rounds to 6, you should be comparing 6 rounds to none. Some people won't carry a real high capacity everyday

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick; you're gonna have to change your screen name if you don't quit being a hater. Either that or succumb to the Glock Goodness of the G43 yourself. The recoil isn't really that bad so don't let that scare you. You can get those little pink Hornady lite boolets for it now anyway so's not to hurt your dainty mitts.

Sent from my iPhone

Latest posts

Top Bottom