Glock 43X/Glock 48 Shield Arms 15 round magazine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Way back in the day, some company made aftermarket mags for the G22 that were made out of steel. Eventually, the steel mag boogered up the mag release. Hopefully these won't do the same thing.
I can see where that could be an issue. Hopefully that will be addressed and remedied by Shield Arms.

If it is a concern then a schedule of replacing the mag release periodically may be a good idea.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They have my attention. I wonder what the capacity would be if you chopped the grip length back to 43 length.

This says they are steel, and also working on a 43 mag.
Screenshot_20190305-110340_Samsung Internet.jpg

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
This says they are steel, and also working on a 43 mag.

That’s for a 43. I bet the 43 would still just be 8, maybe 9 rounds. I’m more curious what the capacity would be if you took a 43x and chopped the grip down to 43 length and used a similarly chopped Shield Arms 15rd mag. I wonder if it would then compete with the P365 capacity wise. Maybe 10-11rds?

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That’s for a 43. I bet the 43 would still just be 8, maybe 9 rounds. I’m more curious what the capacity would be if you took a 43x and chopped the grip down to 43 length and used a similarly chopped Shield Arms 15rd mag. I wonder if it would then compete with the P365 capacity wise. Maybe 10-11rds?

Okay I get what you're saying now. Yeah I would guess the 10 to 12 range

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This just shows the impact of the SIG P365. Everyone is playing catch up or attempting to beat it. With a 12rd mag it beats the G43x in capacity, factory sights, grip angle and trigger. With the 10rd it beats the 43 in the same areas. Only one gun is needed. YMMV. Oh, and did I mention the four that I have shot and know the owners of have all been more reliable than the 43 I owned for a short while right after they were introduced. It took this gun to make me convert to striker fired. Mine is carried every day.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This just shows the impact of the SIG P365. Everyone is playing catch up or attempting to beat it. With a 12rd mag it beats the G43x in capacity, factory sights, grip angle and trigger. With the 10rd it beats the 43 in the same areas. Only one gun is needed. YMMV. Oh, and did I mention the four that I have shot and know the owners of have all been more reliable than the 43 I owned for a short while right after they were introduced. It took this gun to make me convert to striker fired. Mine is carried every day.
What’s to beat in grip angle? Trigger? How bout that big glock 43x recall? Oh, that wasn’t glock. You’ve seen 4 365’s. Damn that’s almost a third of a dozen. Ever hear of an opinion? That’s what I’m hearing from you. don’t know what you don’t know. That’s what that post tells me. Now who has a G48 to sell me?

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I said. YMMV, especially for a block boy.
Edit-I should clarify my response since I was paying attention. I never mentioned the G48 which is in a class of it's own. I really like this gun and almost bought one. In no way is it playing catch up to the P365. With a higher capacity magazine (if the profile is the same) it should be a winner.with some aftermarket items (sights, trigger shoe.)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom