Glock 43X/Glock 48 Shield Arms 15 round magazine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If I remember right, Shield had two different snafu's with Checkmate (I believe that's who's making them). Finish was bad once and something else. It was two big set backs for them.

I did read where Brian at Shield said he was giving no dates or possible dates for Glock 43 mags. Just that they were "in the works". Even if they can do a 8-9-10 round flush fit mag for the 43, people are going to go nuts for them.
I remember hearing about the finish problem but I must have missed the second issue that held things up.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I was. I sold my 43x, 48 and all 6 S15 mags in the same day. I got to stooing at work last Thursday and kept thinking about another 48, so I stopped at Guys n Gals after work and walked out with a new 48. Going to give it another go around. Plus, the Holoson 407k's will be here in a month or so. A skinny 15 plus 1 with dot carry weapon is pretty appealing. Shield has that plus 5 too. One more time I guess.

I’m guilty of that as well sometimes. Actually thinking of trying a 365 again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I went through a few before I worked out the kinks. I'm hard headed that way.

I can't confirm or find any proof, but Shield claims the black slide 48/43x's had some upgrades to the frame. The sliver slide models needed extra power springs to get positive slide lock on the last round. Black slide's don't need the springs they claim. Like I said, I can't find any proof other than their word, but I figured it would be better to just get the extra power springs. It doesn't affect loading the 15th round and it can't hurt. Just insurance I guess.

We should just trade every month or 2. Would be a lot cheaper. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I went through a few before I worked out the kinks. I'm hard headed that way. I have both the standard and XL. Those will be keepers now.

I can't confirm or find any proof, but Shield claims the black slide 48/43x's had some upgrades to the frame. The sliver slide models needed extra power springs to get positive slide lock on the last round in some models. Black slide's don't need the springs they claim. Like I said, I can't find any proof other than their word, but I figured it would be better to just get the extra power springs. It doesn't affect loading the 15th round and it can't hurt. Just insurance I guess.

I have seen the silver slide issue mentioned a few times on other forums. It is apparently a real problem that the new springs solve.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went through a few before I worked out the kinks. I'm hard headed that way. I have both the standard and XL. Those will be keepers now.

I can't confirm or find any proof, but Shield claims the black slide 48/43x's had some upgrades to the frame. The sliver slide models needed extra power springs to get positive slide lock on the last round in some models. Black slide's don't need the springs they claim. Like I said, I can't find any proof other than their word, but I figured it would be better to just get the extra power springs. It doesn't affect loading the 15th round and it can't hurt. Just insurance I guess.

The first Black slide 43x/48s that I’m aware of were sold by Glock distributors and were cerakoted. The current ones now have the regular Glock finish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom